Gained 7 pounds in a couple days... Can't lose it?

2»

Replies

• mackenzieo2003
    mackenzieo2003 Posts: 5 Member
    I use the app to track my calories and I never go over. I usually eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, and proteins throughout the day. Additionally I use the scanner on the app to input the correct information for that product into my daily food log.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    I use the app to track my calories and I never go over. I usually eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, and proteins throughout the day. Additionally I use the scanner on the app to input the correct information for that product into my daily food log.

Okay but are you weighing what you're eating? Packaged foods can be more than what's on the label.
  • mackenzieo2003
    yes I weigh/measure all of my food
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    yes I weigh/measure all of my food

Okay well if you're weighing accurately and using correct entries the only other things that might do it is either you need more time, or the exercise you're doing (especially if it's new) is causing water retention for muscle repair.
  • mackenzieo2003
    Ok thank you but what should I do in order to fix that
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Ok thank you but what should I do in order to fix that

Well if the working out is new, maybe scale back a bit. Water retention for muscle repair takes time to even out, and if your body is setting up for a 'whoosh' then again, takes time. It's usually advised to give yourself about 4-5 weeks when starting to track your food and/or starting new exercise routine to get an idea of how it's going. It's not unheard of to go a few weeks with nothing and then have it fall off. If after a month those three pounds still haven't moved there still may be a logging error. Or if you're eating exercise calories back, that may be doing it.
  • mackenzieo2003
    I have been using the my fitness pal app and working out 5-6 times a week then a rest day since about October and I have been logging my foods as accurately I can. I use the scale or measuring cups to measure out the serving sizes