who doesnt like when guys gain muscles

Replies

• PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Guys who are legitimate bodybuilders or want to get big for the sake of it aren't doing it to look nice for women, or in some occasions, men, it's kind of like how women don't always get dressed up to look nice for men.

So really, what your preference is is probably totally irrelevant to people that actually get to the size that some people think is gross FYI.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    Nice:
    body-builder-8702325.jpg

Too much:
    kev3.jpg

Guy #2 is extreme enough that steroid use seems likely, which means he's got "roid rage" temper tantrums, no nuts, and inconsistent sexual performance.

Another issue with the OP's post was she said Mark Wahlberg has a body builder body, though he looks much more like #1 in your post.

Using gross is wrong, but we don't even know what OP means by "body builder" or "normal" much easier to know what she likes, 'cause we care so much, if she included pics of all the "gross" bodies and the "normal" ones
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I did not read all of the replies, but I do want to have visible abs because that is what I hear women want to see. However, I don't need to have enormous arms. My ultimate goal is 8% fat, and 40%-45% muscle (minimum).

8% fat might be to low and looking veiny.

I had read somewhere that abs would be visible at less than 9%, so that is where I came up with the goal of 8%. Of course, if I have abs showing at 10% or 12%, then I can stop there.

So one of your goal is a 6 pack. Mine too. It all depends on how you carry fat too. My friend had a six pack at 16% body fat.

Source: bod pod
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Kz, I'm not reacting to the vascularity, I'm reacting to the bulk.

You are reacting to your perception due to lighting, tanning, oil, and a pump with veins. All tactics that bodybuilders use to appear bigger.

mullerlyer-illusia.gif

Just like the one on top is longer than the bottom right?

weseewhatwewant.jpg

perception-is-reality1.jpg

your-perception-watch-me-mess-with-it.thumbnail.jpg

But you are right. The 2nd guy is wayyyyyyyyyyy bigger than the first and is totally on roids. Have a good one! :flowerforyou:
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    i hate when a guy has bigger muscles than me. thats why i poison them.

LOL this is awesome!!!

And to the OP, that is perfectly fine. Not sure what purpose or goal you're trying to achieve by posting this topic, but to each their own. Funny enough my mom thinks I'm getting to big, and many of my female friends outside of MFP don't like big muscles either. Truth is, I could care less. It is my body and I'm doing it for myself not to impress my mother, my friends or anyone, like yourself for example, who doesn't like big muscles. I enjoy it and that's what counts to me :bigsmile:

good for you:glasses:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Sad thread really. If it had been reverse there would be hell from everybody who white knighted the OP. JS
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Guy #2 is extreme enough that steroid use seems likely, which means he's got "roid rage" temper tantrums, no nuts, and inconsistent sexual performance.
    I think that's the key to the whole drama in this thread. Words ARE important. Stating preference is fine, if you state is as preference as opposed to judgement over another's way of life.

WOW. I did not catch that...just..yikes

Those are the side effects of steroid use--you can look them up in medical literature if you like; they are not my "opinion". Whether you choose to accept or deny *facts* is your own business. The side effects of steroids remain fact whether you like them or not.

I said "seems likely" because I can't know if that particular man uses them for sure. If he doesn't, then those concerns don't apply to him. I listed the side effects of steroid use because they help add to why guy #2's look is not attractive to me--it is often associated with other problems of concern to me as a female.

Otherwise, the OP in this thread is asking for *women's opinions* of what is or is not attractive *to them*. I gave an opinion about what is nice and what is too much *for me*. add: The OP did not ask about what men think about their own lifting or look.

So someone is unattractive to you because they look like they might use drugs that could potentially cause one or more side effects that you have a problem with?

I don't even think I am capable of those kind of mental gymnastics...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Sad thread really. If it had been reverse there would be hell from everybody who white knighted the OP. JS
    Huh?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I think that's the key to the whole drama in this thread. Words ARE important. Stating preference is fine, if you state is as preference as opposed to judgement over another's way of life.

WOW. I did not catch that...just..yikes

Those are the side effects of steroid use--you can look them up in medical literature if you like; they are not my "opinion". Whether you choose to accept or deny *facts* is your own business. The side effects of steroids remain fact whether you like them or not.

I said "seems likely" because I can't know if that particular man uses them for sure. If he doesn't, then those concerns don't apply to him. I listed the side effects of steroid use because they help add to why guy #2's look is not attractive to me--it is often associated with other problems of concern to me as a female.

Otherwise, the OP in this thread is asking for *women's opinions* of what is or is not attractive *to them*. I gave an opinion about what is nice and what is too much *for me*. add: The OP did not ask about what men think about their own lifting or look.

So someone is unattractive to you because they look like they might use drugs that could potentially cause one or more side effects that you have a problem with?

I don't even think I am capable of those kind of mental gymnastics...

No.

Someone's look is unattractive to me.

In addition, I can guess that they might have these additional problems that result from drug use.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member

LOL this is awesome!!!

And to the OP, that is perfectly fine. Not sure what purpose or goal you're trying to achieve by posting this topic, but to each their own. Funny enough my mom thinks I'm getting to big, and many of my female friends outside of MFP don't like big muscles either. Truth is, I could care less. It is my body and I'm doing it for myself not to impress my mother, my friends or anyone, like yourself for example, who doesn't like big muscles. I enjoy it and that's what counts to me :bigsmile:

lol Moms...when bulking came up recently, mine said you don't need to get any bigger, you look just fine the way you are. ha! love ya Ma! I want all the gainz!
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member

LOL this is awesome!!!

lol Moms...when bulking came up recently, mine said you don't need to get any bigger, you look just fine the way you are. ha! love ya Ma! I want all the gainz!

Seriously lol. Mine is the same way. Saying I'll get ugly if I get big muscles (mom, I'm already ugly, I'm trying to distract people by making them focus on my body) but she will never get it :laugh:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Huh?

If a man had said what the OP said there would hell for it!!

That's what I was trying say.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Huh?

There was hell for it. Did you read the thread? There are always a few people who will defend this kind of thing, no matter who posted it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Nice:
    body-builder-8702325.jpg

Too much:
    kev3.jpg

Here, Ill fix it for you....

Guy #1. hanging out at hugh heffners grotto. had a few extra carbs this week.

Guy #2. Hes at the gym and as a preworkout took some citrulline malate & nitric oxide so he has a really awesome pump with increased vascularity.

But its just easier to make irrational judgements versus rational ones.

I'd take guy #2's body over guy #1's body any day of the week! That's some incredible dedication (and yes some steroids, but still requires lots of work to build that kind of body even with steroids). Personal preference. I want a guy with tons of lean mass.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    And, yes, Americans have a dialect but so does every other English-speaking country. I mean, I have to always explain to people when I suggest that they watch certain British television shows that "pants" in England isn't the same as "pants" in the US. wink

And don't get me started on "fanny."

I have friends from England and whenever I talk to them I tell them I have to buy the Rosetta Stone for English so I can understand what they're saying. :laugh:

(and before anyone gets butt-hurt: they think it's funny too and tell me I need the one for Queens English so I can learn the proper way to speak).
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Huh?

Originally I thought you meant thought you meant if the OP replaced "guys with muscles" with "fat chicks" then there would be hell to pay. Now I think you mean that if a man said he prefers other men that don't look extremely buff then everyone would loose their mind. Did I get it?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    I'd take guy #2's body over guy #1's body any day of the week! That's some incredible dedication (and yes some steroids, but still requires lots of work to build that kind of body even with steroids). Personal preference. I want a guy with tons of lean mass.

Unt uhhh. Its the camo shorts instead of the corduroy isnt it?

I get it thought. Not everyone is into the Abercrombie & Fitch thing :wink:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    For real, to each their own. You don't have to vocalize that you don't like certain characteristics. It's like me saying, "Who doesn't like when people give to charity," "Who doesn't like when guys are brunette," etc. It just makes people feel bad about themselves. Well, the less confident ones. I'm sure it doesn't bother a lot of muscled men that you're not into them, there are probably many that don't like your body type, either. So it all evens out.

Personally I love muscled men. I know how much hard work and determination it takes to gain those muscles, and it's a very respectable thing.

Oh, and Mark Wahlberg is sexy af in my eyes.

Shoot, yeah! He's short but he strong and sexypants!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

I have lots of friends on steroids (it's a part of the bodybuilding and powerlifting worlds). None of them have had roid rage, none of them have had sexual issues, a few have had mild mood swings (sadness, not anger) which were corrected with a change in dose. Now, these guys did lots of research before starting and knew which ones to avoid and which ones worked in the way they wanted.

Not all steroids are the same.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    See? There's a chick for everyone.

If you take the guy with steroids just keep a look out for the steroid side effects (there are more than I listed-look them up & be alert). The ones I listed are pretty obvious. If you want to keep him around a long time you need to stay on top of steroid side effects so they don't become serious threats to his health.
This discussion has been closed.