polar heart rate monitor puts heart rate at zero?

2»

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Make sure you rinse it and hang it to dry after every use. Wipe the connectors on the strap and the device down to make sure you get any sweat buildup off. Maybe tighten it up. I rarely have an issue with mine, but when I do there is usually salt buildup on the metal connector from sweat.

For some of the other commenters, it sounds like you just got a defective one unfortunately. In general, people have a high success rate with Polars.

All of this. I tend to get through straps a lot and when they start going it's just easier to get a new one cheap off Amazon.

My tips:
    1) Rinse it thoroughly in water with a nail brush including the connectors on the other side of the rubber
    2) Dry with a towel and then hang it up to air-dry
    3) Once a week I soak it in washing up detergent (I went through two I used to put in the washing machine on low temp but of course using conditioner for everything else - apparently big no no).
    4) Tighten up the strap (again when the elasticity starts to go, just get a new strap).
    5) Do make sure that the connectors are slightly offset to the left when you put it on - I had a lot of problems when it shifted to dead centre.

I was getting so frustrated with mine I wrote to Polar (mine was out of warranty) and they sent me a spare set of everything so write to them (politely) and see what they will give you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Not had any issues yet but want to keep track of this thread just incase.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Bah! After saying just yesterday that mine seemed fine now, this morning it froze and then lost my heart rate completely! :(