Do any of y'all do this for motivation too?

2»

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    I do it when i go to Savers. Once i fit those then i start amending my main wardrobe (still working on some type of fashion sense theme). Few months ago i started purchasing my goal size winter apparel (sweaters, denim jackets etc) and cannot wait to wear them this winter.

I see it mostly as a need vs a motivation though.
  • I have clothes from years ago that fit me at that time... I fit into them again now years later!

That is super motivation for me. And to think that in the future those clothes that once I barely fit into will be too big for me, now THAT is something I look forward to.

Yep that's what I do too!

Most of my old trousers fit me again, which feels great. I have a belt in my wardrobe which I got when I was 16. Long time ago now, it's probably now an antique. It's going to feel fabulous when I can wear that again. Maybe it will restore my youth.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I did that...six years ago. Now that they fit, I don't like them.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    It might be different for a guy, what with having less variation in shapes as women.

I had a (very large) hourglass figure when I started, I'm now a pear shape, as the hips haven't reduced at the same rate as the waist and baps. If I'd bought the same style clothes, just a couple of sizes smaller, they wouldn't look good on me now.
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    I have band shirts that I bought at the biggest size that I can't fit into yet. Every time I think about how I don't want to weigh food or exercise, I think that there's a concert of my favorite band in December and I want to wear one of the damned shirts! So, yes, definitely motivation for me.

Just so people know, it's a 2X to 3X shirt and, when I started my journey again on mfp, I was wearing 5X. So much weight to lose but I'm going to get there. :D