Haters gonna hate (rant)

13»

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member

Yes men are very vain. My husband does love me at 165 but I notice the difference when I am thinner that he gives me more praise and has pet names for me and talks to me differently… when I weighed more there were no praises and very few pet names and he didn't come on to me as much and we had less sex…. So you can have a sweet guy all you want but even the sweetest of men have their ways of showing what is really wanted or not wanted….

I don't think you understand what the word vain means.

Regardless, men are not vain (nor are they superficial which is where I think you were going). People are - men and women. But it's not a penis thing. My husband loved me at 140, 190, 230, and now at 188. Nothing has changed about how he's treated me, our sex life or affection. So that's not really a "man" thing, but a "your man" thing.
    I don't think you do so I think you need not be so quick to react and judge what I know and what I don't know thank s
    Actually its not just my mans thing babe its a lot of mens thing and just like you could be in denial about how yours treats you when you do pack on the fat. You can love someone but you aint having sex with them as often…you think about that for a moment and get back to me

Wait, you're calling me judgmental? I cannot even.

I've been with my husband for over 12 years, and we have two kids. I'm secure in his love and attraction to me through weight gain, loss, pregnancy, stretch marks, sagging breasts, depression and much, much more, so I don't really need to think about anything and get back to you. I'm good - thanks.
  • I just had this conversation with a friend of mine. She has lost 43 lbs and I told her prepare to have people hate you. It was said here and it is totally true it makes people nervous because they have to look at themselves and their habits. I quit drinking recently and it is the exact same type of responses. Oh you can have just a little...well I can stop when I want...or your don't have a problem so what big deal live a little!! We all know our own bodies we know what is good for us. If someone questions what your are eating then tell them I don't comment on your food please don't comment on mine. Trust me I know this to be true it's jealousy!. People hate people who are making a better life for themselves...Unless!! THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS. Real friends. Time to find another pool to swim in baby. Keep up the good work.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member

Yes men are very vain. My husband does love me at 165 but I notice the difference when I am thinner that he gives me more praise and has pet names for me and talks to me differently… when I weighed more there were no praises and very few pet names and he didn't come on to me as much and we had less sex…. So you can have a sweet guy all you want but even the sweetest of men have their ways of showing what is really wanted or not wanted….

Regardless, men are not vain (nor are they superficial which is where I think you were going). People are - men and women. But it's not a penis thing. My husband loved me at 140, 190, 230, and now at 188. Nothing has changed about how he's treated me, our sex life or affection. So that's not really a "man" thing, but a "your man" thing.
    I don't think you do so I think you need not be so quick to react and judge what I know and what I don't know thank s
    Actually its not just my mans thing babe its a lot of mens thing and just like you could be in denial about how yours treats you when you do pack on the fat. You can love someone but you aint having sex with them as often…you think about that for a moment and get back to me

I've been with my husband for over 12 years, and we have two kids. I'm secure in his love and attraction to me through weight gain, loss, pregnancy, stretch marks, sagging breasts, depression and much, much more, so I don't really need to think about anything and get back to you. I'm good - thanks.
    Oh but you have already so think that all you want hun
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    O.P I couldn't agree with you more.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member

Oh but you have already so think that all you want hun

Because I answered your question? I'm sorry, I tried to have a rational conversation with you, but it's proving to be more work than it's really worth. You call me judgmental, say all men are vain, and imply that I'm in denial because my husband doesn't behave exactly like yours does.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Because I answered your question? I'm sorry, I tried to have a rational conversation with you, but it's proving to be more work than it's really worth. You call me judgmental, say all men are vain, and imply that I'm in denial because my husband doesn't behave exactly like yours does.
    [/quote]
    More like irrational- like I said your the one quick to cut someones comment down nothank you very much.

I am done arguing with you over nothing-I said my peace and now Im going..regardless of what you say after I post this you have knee jerk to peoples comments to quick-idk why you had to even say anything to me-i wasn't talking to you anyways but to OP
    I have no time to waste especially not on you! Good riddance! OP keep your chin up and the ones who hate let them hate because they don't like seeing you doing something right so let them hate:)and you let yourself shine no matter what-
  • stephmofo
    stephmofo Posts: 21 Member
    That last one really kills me. Hello, there's a reason why Brad Pitt is with Angelina Jolie and not a woman who weighs 300 pounds. But God forbid I want to look attractive and date attractive people because that's "So shallow!" But everyone who says that is a hypocrite and they know it.

I think there is definitely some truth to that statement. I think it happens more now though then before. Our culture is obsessed with being thin and ironically obsessed with food. To balance this out, some people, who have lost weight, adopt a bad attitude towards people who have weight to lose, doing this helps keep them motivated to not gain back weight. They had to hate the fat on their body in order to make changes, so they mirror their own toxic thoughts onto other people and say they want the "whole package" or whatever to justify their superficiality.

It's more prevalent now, because being thin is glorified in our society, yet people are busier than ever and unhealthy food is cheaper and it's everywhere! If I were single, in this day of age, and was fit and in shape, I would post my real pic on a dating site, then I would where a fat suit on all my dates to see if they could get past it or not.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    A woman told me she could count my teeth through the skin on my face the other day :(
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Makes me think of Taylor Swift's new song, "Shake it Off". No matter what you think of the gal in her music or her personal life, the message is a great one:

"Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Heart breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
    And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
    Baby, I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off"
  • miriyummy
    miriyummy Posts: 37 Member
    Annoying Person: "Live a little"
    Your response next time: "No thanks, I'd like to live a lot"

Fantastic! I might use this. :)
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Annoying Person: "Live a little"
    Your response next time: "No thanks, I'd like to live a lot"

Your attitude is amazing though. Just do what makes you happy.

HA! That's great.
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    "I find you bringing up how little or how much another grown *kitten* human adult chooses to eat weird and passive aggressive. If you keep doing it, I will start bringing up politics when we are at crowded bars"

This is beautiful.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Try this one...... "Soon I'll be fit and healthy ... you will still be a ****!"