edited March 2019
    Female
    Age 56
    Height: 5'2
    Starting weight: 210
    Current weight: 187
    Goal Weight: 135
    Fasting start date: 1/24/2019

Hi everyone!! Found Joe on Youtube a few months ago, while searching for ways to lose weight that would be sustainable long term. I was so tired of yo-yo dieting!! What a huge blessing he has been in my life since then!

I started fasting in late January 2019 when I weighed 210 lbs (mind you, I am only 5 ft 2 inches tall! So that's a lot of extra weight. For the record, I am 56 years old.

Today I am at 187 lbs! That is 23 lbs gone in just over 2 months! That is incredible in my life experience!!

I started my own youtube channel Debby OMAD Because I didn't see many women my age represented on Youtube doing OMAD. So I decided to be the change I wanted to see, and put myself out there! From starting that channel, I have been lucky enough to have "met" Joe and taken his assessment and am learning more and more from him as I go through this weight loss/self improvement process.

I LOVE OMAD!! I am so excited to share my journey and to learn about all of yours!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Debby, I started following you on YouTube a few days ago. Welcome to the group :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Ah Debby!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Great Debby! I will check you out.....Welcome!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome Debby!! :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Debby!! I am sure your journey will inspire many. Thanks for sharing.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Hi. My name is Janet. I am not actually starting with this group, I am returning to it. I am 67 years old, 5' tall and weigh 195 lbs. I started OMAD on September 1st of 2017 at 250 lbs. This was after a year and a half of Paleo AIP, which put my Rheumatoid Arthritis into remission, but only helped me to lose 13 lbs. (probably of inflammation). Now I am stuck and very frustrated. We moved last year from Florida to upstate New York (yea I know it sounds crazy, but we did miss the Panama City Hurricane by less than two months!). The climate change and the COLD stopped my weight loss in its tracks. I was cold constantly and before the winter was over (I guess its over, we have an inch of snow this morning!) I had gained back 8 lbs. Since 1/1 I have been struggling to get the weight loss going again. My 4 hour window that worked so beautifully no longer works. I went down to a 3 hour window and have been going up and down in a 5 lb range since the beginning of the year. I weigh once a month on the 1st and record it. I am down 2 lbs per this mornings weigh in, but still up 3 lbs since 1/1. (My measurements have not changed). I have tried to go to a 1 hour window and it makes me absolutely miserable. I spend a couple of hours every day starving! I am at the point of going with the 3 hour window and actually counting calories. I have tried extended fasts and they really do not work for me. I am up for suggestions from anyone who has had this problem! At 67 and with many years of being overweight (if only I had known about autoimmune disease!) losing is a VERY difficult process. Oh, and no I don't want to do KETO. I use very little sugar and eat a very healthy paleo diet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Maybe be more careful about your portion sizes and make sure you're eating food that will keep you satiated for longer :)
  • arguablysamson
    edited April 2019
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Janet. I am not actually starting with this group, I am returning to it. I am 67 years old, 5' tall and weigh 195 lbs. I started OMAD on September 1st of 2017 at 250 lbs. This was after a year and a half of Paleo AIP, which put my Rheumatoid Arthritis into remission, but only helped me to lose 13 lbs. (probably of inflammation). Now I am stuck and very frustrated. We moved last year from Florida to upstate New York (yea I know it sounds crazy, but we did miss the Panama City Hurricane by less than two months!). The climate change and the COLD stopped my weight loss in its tracks. I was cold constantly and before the winter was over (I guess its over, we have an inch of snow this morning!) I had gained back 8 lbs. Since 1/1 I have been struggling to get the weight loss going again. My 4 hour window that worked so beautifully no longer works. I went down to a 3 hour window and have been going up and down in a 5 lb range since the beginning of the year. I weigh once a month on the 1st and record it. I am down 2 lbs per this mornings weigh in, but still up 3 lbs since 1/1. (My measurements have not changed). I have tried to go to a 1 hour window and it makes me absolutely miserable. I spend a couple of hours every day starving! I am at the point of going with the 3 hour window and actually counting calories. I have tried extended fasts and they really do not work for me. I am up for suggestions from anyone who has had this problem! At 67 and with many years of being overweight (if only I had known about autoimmune disease!) losing is a VERY difficult process. Oh, and no I don't want to do KETO. I use very little sugar and eat a very healthy paleo diet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi, Janet...

Please reach out to me. I myself am Hashimotos and know how difficult things can be -- even I don't lose as easily as in years past, although I no longer struggle with weight loss. Genetics, age, hormone levels, and habits all play a role.

But you will find that most paleo solutions tend to result in some weight loss, followed by stalled progress.

I can get your blood labs and a lot of other information and help more than here. But do get involved here (lots of support!), track your intake, and let's make progress!

-Joe
  • Hey! I’m Amanda. I am 5’5 32 years old and have been doing IF for 4 months now and have lost 42 pounds going from 212 to 170. I am currently down 80 pounds from my highest weight. I’m wanting to give OMAD a try- wanting to lose another 20 pounds. My biggest struggle for sure is drinking enough water!
  • Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Hi, I’m Alex
    ...weight: 123.9 (today)
    ...height: 5’ 2”
    ...past struggles you've faced or are facing: fatigue, cravings, weight fluctuations beyond normal
    ...goal weight range: 120-124
    ...time of your OMAD: probably will be 1400-1800hrs
    ...OMAD start date: today, 1800hrs!

I’ve been doing ZC awhile and my meals naturally decreased to about 2, with a snack in the evening if I felt stress cravings.
    I decided to give the OMAD a try because (1) I find my weight wildly fluctuates for who knows what reason. I’m assuming it’s based on eating times because if I eat early, my weight goes way up. And (2) I found from past experience that the later I waited to eat, the better. Oh and (3) when I eat a large meal like 2 steaks or a steak and 1-2 burgers at a setting I feel immensely more satisfied and all around better. I just haven’t taken the plunge. Well today I’ve started. I’m hoping by posting I’ll keep myself accountable as well. It’s a hope anyway.

Question: I weight train in the morning around 830. I’ve been told to eat within 2 hrs. It’s a set time so is eating at 1400 going to cause problems?
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Alex! Welcome, Amanda!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome guys! :)
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2019
    Name: Ned
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 240
    Goal: 140
    Start Date: April 18, 2019
    Goal Date: October 2020
    Resting Heart Rate: 78
    Feeding Time: Unknown
    About Me:
    I have been struggling with weight since middle school, it has been a huge source of my negative self esteem and anxiety. From years of attempting to lose weight I developed and eating disorder. I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder in 2017. I am being monitored by my therapist and doctor while doing this diet.

My very loving partner naturally started eating one meal a day almost a month ago and he's been very happy with it and said I should try. So here I am!

I have 100 pounds to lose and I'd like to lose them before I'm 30! That's 18 months away, I think I can do it!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Ned!!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the OMAD group!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Ned, OMAD will be easier with a partner for sure :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    BTW Ned, you are almost EXACTLY my age, height, and highest weight so I relate to ya :) AND I've had some fairly aggressive binge eating issues in my past as well (along with situational anxiety) so if you need an ear lemme know! :)
  • rjcollinson
    rjcollinson Posts: 1 Member
    Name: Romy
    Weight: 50kg
    Height: 163cm
    Goal weight: maintain
    OMAD time: 5/6pm
    Start date: 23 April

Hi there, I struggle with binge/emotional eating and would like to improve my relationship with food. I think OMAD will help me to have more control over my eating and enable me to not think about food all the time. I have come here mainly for support as well as a level of accountability for myself.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Romy! Looking forward to your progress :)