• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    I'm a "prepper".
  • _BlueGreyGreen_
    _BlueGreyGreen_ Posts: 943 Member
    I got played by a unexpected player!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I'm afraid of the dark. I don't use a nightlight, but I do sleep with a sheet over my head, to protect me from the monsters. That's legit monster protection, right? Hello?:laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    I'm a "prepper".

oh I'm jealous, that's my secret :wink:
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    I am a beer snob. I love Belgian, German, and some American micro brewers like Victory, and Sam Adams.

I wont even drink Budwiser, because life is too short.

I seriously go without beer if no decent beer is available, no matter how hot it is or how many cheap beers are available.

^ I am the same way.....but with coffee.

^^ Me too- severely. Will haul my french press and own coffee along on trips just to ensure a drinkable cup. My husband of 18 yrs finally saw me without a morning cup of coffee recently. It wasn't pretty: I would just grunt at him for the hour it took to procure one. (There's a Godforsaken place in southern Florida where there's NO STARBUCKS for about 25 miles!! shudder- hence purchasing the french press.)
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I didn't know the lead singer of Rush was a guy until i was almost 30. Dude sounds like a chick. FTW.

He sounds just like Melissa Etheridge. One of my friends pointed that out one day and it's so freaking true!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    One time I farted in my sleep. It was loud enough to wake my guy... and he thought it was someone breaking in to our place. Fml.

Not really a secret, but I can burp louder than anybody I know and I do it frequently. I've been known to silence restaurants with my burps and they apparently smell terrible. My friends say they're going to attempt to bottle the stench of my burps and use them to conquer countries with it (although it's not too surprising given that my friend is English and they have a history of imperialism)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I have a white (gray now) stuffed cat named Mercy that I got when I was four days old. I'm 34. I sucked one of her ears clean off.

I only just recently figured out that prunes are plums. I thought they were their own little fruit.

And I used to think that thunder was the sound of clouds crashing together, not lightning (I learned this last year :blushing: )

I'm not (generally) nearly as dumb as I sound.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Oh and if I'm alone at home at bedtime, I do a little running leap into my bed. So the monster under there can't reach me.

I also cannot do "Bloody Mary" in the mirror.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Also, I am a chapstick addict. No joke- I will start to panic if I realize I don't have one with me. I've been this way since high school.

Me too! And if I don't I'll buy off brand and it is just not the same. I think it is rigged with some sort of addictive property. If I wear lipstick I have to apply it before and after I put it on.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Up until the age of 18 I believed (what my parents told me when I was seven) that male hamsters have very big bottoms...
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm also REALLY scared about walking or driving on ice. Luckily in my area there are usually just a few days of that each year, but I will go to very extreme lengths to avoid it.

I fell last winter on my icy front steps - hard. I bruised some ribs and it took a long time for me to heal up. I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about walking on ice again.
  • c_aw
    c_aw Posts: 128 Member
    i am absolutely super introverted:embarassed:
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Afraid of clowns, spiders and snakes.

I use my hands to give directions (instead of saying left and right)

I don't like posting as I am afraid people will think I am dumb
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    I have an insane fear of bridges...especially large suspension bridges like in NYC. When I was young, I watched a documentary and it showed a large bridge swaying and rippling while cars were on it. I cant remember if the bridge collapsed or not, but that picture sticks with me to this day. I can get across them but I have a minor panic attack until I'm across

You aren't alone.... I have the same fear. However I think mine is related to a dream I used to have of being in a car underwater....When i drive on bridges it is in the middle...not on the outside if I can help it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

I only just recently figured out that prunes are plums. I thought they were their own little fruit.

OMG, I did too!! lol

But then.. what the hell are they DOING to them to make them so awful? Plums taste nice. Prunes taste like *kitten*.
  • I know all the words to "Let It Go" from FROZEN
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'm sorry. I have laughed at several of these secrets.

I let the air out of my band teacher's car tires one time in high school (way back in the 80s). He never figured out who did it because everyone thought I was the "good girl" in high school. Boy were they wrong.

When I was in 2nd grade, during our reading group....I farted very loudly and looked at the little boy next to me and shouted, "YOU PIG!"
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    <~ terrified of being a thread ender.... I have ended a few in my day with my dumbassary and foot in mouth issues.....