WWYD if your kid didn't want to go

124»

Replies

• Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    well if he doesn't want to go , then say he is sick and move on. Life is too short for doing stuff you don't like or your kids don't like. That's what I would do

Life is also too short to make excuses for doing what we dont like to do. Thats how most of us got here, whether we are 4 or 40.

Not a value judgement, just an observation.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I am glad you decided to go. I'm surprised at all the people who said to just not go & no explanation is required for the other mother. Throwing a party at one of these type places is very expensive for the other parents. In my area it runs between $13-$23 per child, depending on the options you select. It is beyond rude to say that you are going to attend & then not show up.

That is an excellent point.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    I'm curious also, as to why a 4 year old wouldn't want to go to Chuck E Cheese's...I mean...that surprises me. Then again, 4 year olds are a lot more intelligent than people give them credit for, and they absorb information and comments like a sponge.

Any chance your 4 year old is aware you're dropping weight...do you talk about it frequently while he's around? Do you get upset about certain "lapses" in weight loss or slow weeks/months around him? How do you react around pizza when you're at home? Do you pick at it..say "I shouldn't be eating this..." etc?

I might be totally off base, but there are some really sensitive 4 yr olds out there...maybe he wants to avoid the party location for your sake rather than his own? ...I dunno =/

lol...no offense, but I think this is the hugest stretch of the imagination I have seen on MFP forums...just sayin'

Yay! I get to blacklist someone very early on in my MFP journey.

In any case...don't say "no offense" and then say something very offensive, it just makes you look condescending.

I *have* had very similar experiences with my niece, actually...she was 5 at the time, so no, it's not a stretch. I stopped talking about my diet around her, and that Dairy Queen trip was very much wanted on her part the next time around.
    Are you old?

Apparently this person signed up for MFP around the same time I did, but haven't been around internet forums long enough to get that nice crocodile layer built up on their skin. I would suggest the poster doing some time over at the "Debate Team" on BabyCenter, but it's gotten tame over the past year or so, although, I'm sure they're still a lot meaner, and more offensive than anything you're gonna see, here. It's uncensored over there. And you know, I'm old, but I'm still hip, well, sorta. :drinker:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    No kids (and I know you decided to go) but if it is something that you already RSVP'd to then you're kind of obligated to go and it's pretty sh*tty to decide not to at the last minute. I'm sure that in making the reservations the parent had to have a head count so they know how many kids will be there, approximately how many pizzas they'll need etc. so by not going even though you said you would is creating a hardship for the parent IMO.

My husband and I are the couple that our friends can always count on for being some where when we say we will and believe me when it's a situation where they are spending the money to provide food, drinks, etc it is very appreciated.