Joan Rivers, Dead at 81

13»

Replies

• I'm sorry for her family, but I always found her humor to be abrasive and mean spirited.

Be that as it may, it's probably a little abrasive and mean spirited to announce he death with a put down. Not saying I don't agree with the sentiment just saying .... well ..... I think you're smart enough to get it.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Mixed feelings here.
    I thought she was great when I saw her live in the mid 80's.
    But her humor was not so funny over the last decade or so, going for the shock factor. Hmmm.
    To be ill and pass on, that's one thing but to happen so quickly, doing a show the night before the procedure she had, terrible.
    Feel bad for her daughter and grandson.
  • That's really sad.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Rest in peace, Joan Rivers. Condolences to the family.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    It's not easy being a female comedian, and she was one of the first. She was in line to replace Carson, until she got on his bad side.

That being said I plan to cut everyone from social media who says "It always happens in 3's."

There has already been 3, Lauren Becall passed away the same day as Robin Williams, her death was largely unnoticed because of his. Very sad.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    My favorite quotes from her are the ones where she tears down other women and talks about how Palestinian civilians deserved to die.

Bye, Joan.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Yeah, no big loss. They can probably recycle all that plastic and build a dumpster out of it.

This woman, was someone's mother, and someone's grandmother and assuredly a friend to many. Like her or not, at least give her the respect of a human being.

Ummmmm.....NO. YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Okay then, continue to make a fool out of yourself. Really shows your true colors :smile: a
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    It's not easy being a female comedian, and she was one of the first. She was in line to replace Carson, until she got on his bad side.

That being said I plan to cut everyone from social media who says "It always happens in 3's."

There has already been 3, Lauren Becall passed away the same day as Robin Williams, her death was largely unnoticed because of his. Very sad.

It didn't seem unnoticed to me, but because she died of natural causes at age 89, there was much less to talk about other than "fabulous lady, fantastic body of work".
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Don't wish anyone gone just because their act as a comedian rubs you the wrong way. Look at Betty White! She's kind of a geriatric version of Alice in Wonderland. Cute little outfits and a mouth like a long-haul truck driver!

Just change the channel.:drinker:
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    My favorite quotes from her are the ones where she tears down other women and talks about how Palestinian civilians deserved to die.

Bye, Joan.
    I also appreciate the Sandusky jokes, little boys being raped, just hilarious!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Yeah, no big loss. They can probably recycle all that plastic and build a dumpster out of it.

:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member

wow.. how nasty of a comment to say about any human being. Thanks for showing us a reflection of your character.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    I don't really understand being sad at the death of a celebrity over the age of 75, but there's nor reason to be cruel either. 81 was a good life. I'm sure her family will miss her but you can't be too disappointed with 81.

Why can't it be sad? Regardless of age when someone dies it's a sad event.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    In a cut throat buisness, joan enjoyed fame and fortune from making people laugh over many years and probably achieved more than she ever hoped for in life ...

And certainly a dam site more than anyone here knocking her, i ll wager a large bet !!!