Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Replies

• The only response to OP:

fGO4lkU.gif

Bwahahahahaha! ^^^ This
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    This is why my diary is closed - whatever I want to eat, I make it fit - if it wont fit today, then I'll try for tomorrow.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    This is why my diary is closed.

Bingo. I get "You're too skinny!" enough in real life without people critiquing my food choices lol
    I LONG for that day! lol It'll prob get annoying but right now I LONG to be called too skinny! BTW I think you look great.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Is this about me? I had a Big Mac today. And fries. And a brownie. I couldn't resist.

I don't think we are friends, though. That's okay. I probably love "junk" food too much.

You'll never reach your goal weight with an attitude like...

13428702.png

:indifferent:

Oh, wait. Never mind.

Carry on.

:flowerforyou:
  • My diary is always full of junk, fast food and starbucks. I'm a college kid who works in fast food and if my manger offers to buy me lunch, I'm not arguing even if a sausage egg mcmuffin isn't the healthiest choice. Eating right is hard between school and a full time job sometimes an easy fast meal wins over cooking.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Now I reeeally want a big mac. A Mcdouble done like a mac tomorrow for sure
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Others have basically made these points, but for me it's helpful to log everything honestly, no matter what, so I think logging is a good thing. Unless someone has shown an interest in comments on his or her diary or I'm just feeling curious that day, I might not even look at what's logged. And when I do, if something looks especially tasty or someone has said she wants a treat day or is taking a break or celebrating something, I see no reason to censor that, and in fact think it's something to be celebrated if it makes him or her feel good and is a way of making this sustainable, whether or not the person's particular choice is the same as mind. Because I'm human, I'm more likely to comment positively on a particular food item that I also would want to have as a treat, however.

Underlying all of this is the fact that my friends are adults and I trust them to monitor their own goals. I want to support them in the ways they indicate will be helpful, but I'm not interested in playing food cop or hall monitor, unsolicited. So if someone says they want to be encouraged to keep carbs low or calories below their goal or to stay away from fast food or some such, I'm happy to participate (although usually then people have "yeah, I know, I know" post, so I think encouragement, don't beat yourself up, is generally more called for that "do you know what's in a Big Mac?!" or whatever the OP is hoping for. (Related to this is that I'm a big girl and while I'd be happy to engage in a discussion of sugar with someone who called me on my ice cream or some such, and not be inclined to unfriend them, I mean, who cares? I'd also think it was a little weird to do in that context, and I'd certainly explain that they were misunderstanding my goals and plan to get there. This tedious loquacity I assume would prevent the issue from arising in the future!)

It's true that some logs make me uncomfortable, but those are the consistently very low calorie ones, and those I don't encourage. Other than that and when it's requested, the only time I would make a comment about food choice on a diary is probably when other comments make it relevant--like if someone says she is constantly hungry and I have a possibly helpful comment about food selection based on personal experience.
  • we sure are taking a lot of flack from you a guy who eats beef smoked sausagem Margarita sausage and McDonalds sausage patties maybe you should make your diary private too!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Oh dear gods, I just looked at the OP's diary. Why no vegetables?? At least pizza has tomato sauce!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Oh dear gods, I just looked at the OP's diary. Why no vegetables?? At least pizza has tomato sauce!

Who needs veggies when I talk all those supplements. So OP if you want to judge what people eat. Do you know that whole foods nutrients is better than supplements. If not keep your mouth shut about other peoples diaries.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

Hey! Congrats on the post!
  • If someone gave me grief over a piece of pizza (or heck, half a pizza), we would probably not get along.

That said, I work hard. I workout hard. This is about creating sustainable habits for life. Not depriving myself until I reach an arbitrary number.

Well said :D
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    we sure are taking a lot of flack from you a guy who eats beef smoked sausagem Margarita sausage and McDonalds sausage patties maybe you should make your diary private too!
    BTW OP, you eat WAY too much fat for how many calories you are ingesting. 100 grams of fat for 1200 calories? LOL

Enjoy that acidic body.

He's eating a ketogenic diet. I don't think he's doing it well, but that's what he's doing and how he chooses to do it.

Don't bash his diet or diary. It's exactly what we are complaining about him he doing.

That said it's because of how he acts, not what he eats.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Ok, but what if I only have one slice of pizza, but it's....

INFINITE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!

dywg91.gif

I cannot look away. and I'm okay with that. :love:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    OP...you seem to have deserted this thread however I still want to voice my opinion.

Unless someone asks me what I think about the food that they eat...it is not any of my business. We are all supposed to be adults on this site...we can make our own choices.

So...eat as you choose and I will do the same.

BTW...I also don't expect nor need anyone to pat me on the back for what I eat...or don't eat.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    OP...you seem to have deserted this thread however I still want to voice my opinion.

Unless someone asks me what I think about the food that they eat...it is not any of my business. We are all supposed to be adults on this site...we can make our own choices.

So...eat as you choose and I will do the same.

BTW...I also don't expect nor need anyone to pat me on the back for what I eat...or don't eat.

OP knows he made a mistake.
  • Ironic that you should write this "today" of all days. I've been craving chocolate for the last week, but kept feeling like if I gave in and ate some chocolate, that I would ruin my whole diet!!! Not true. MFP has taught me that I can have things that I crave, I just have to work them into my daily numbers, and only indulge every now and then. So, I did my research to find a gluten free chocolate that I could work into my calories for today to get rid of the Chocolate craving and chose a dark chocolate by Dove with sea salt caramel. I am on a gluten free, low calorie diet, and learned that all Dove chocolates are gluten free, and I actually prefer milk chocolate, but I know that Dark Chocolate actually is good for you in small quantities, so that is why I chose the dark to get rid of my craving. I've not had any chocolate since starting my diet on August 3rd, and used to eat it daily before dieting (chocolate and sweets were my downfall), so it is no wonder that I'm craving it after a month of deprivation.. I was a little worried that once I started eating it, I wouldn't want to stop, but I got my one serving out (5 pieces) and I heat sealed the rest of the bag shut (lol). I was very surprised that that one serving did the trick of getting rid of my craving and actually made me feel very good about myself because I was satisfied with the 1 serving!!!! I savored every piece! I've lost over 15 lbs (My official weigh in is this coming Monday), and so I know that MFP is working for me. And the MOST IMPORTANT thing I've learned here that it is okay to have my favorite foods every now and then, as long as it is moderation and added into my daily numbers without going over! If someone is craving a McD cheeseburger- and they can fit it into their daily numbers, I don't see anything wrong with it. Of course if I ate it, it would have to be without the bun because I began the gluten free diet but the rest would be okay.

And, I see where you are coming from, but once in awhile, is most assuredly okay if you're within your numbers. Now, if it is every single day and the calories are way over the daily goals, then yes- be a friend and say something, but don't deprive yourself of something you are craving because that is setting yourself up for failure when the craving gets the best of you down the road and you stuff your face. Why not go ahead and take care of it ASAP within your numbers in a rational way? This is all about a lifestyle change, not a punishment program.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    :: Reads while sipping homemade pumpkin spice latte and gnawing on raspberry filled doughnut ::
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    BTW OP, you eat WAY too much fat for how many calories you are ingesting. 100 grams of fat for 1200 calories? LOL

Enjoy that acidic body.

Shows how little you know about dietary requirements. Low fat is the opposite to how you SHOULD eat. My diet is about 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs and I've never felt better, had better bloodwork, or more energy. LOL yourself for not knowing what you're talking about.