Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I must have an awesome bunch of MFP friends. They're all supportive but not a single one of them criticized my choices!

Well, I hate to tell you this, but they're doing it wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    I must have an awesome bunch of MFP friends. They're all supportive but not a single one of them criticized my choices!

Well, I hate to tell you this, but you're foruming wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

:angry:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member

:angry:

:smooched: :devil:
  • kristijohnson1
    kristijohnson1 Posts: 24 Member
    Dang! That escalated quickly!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't judge food diaries, but if they want to judge mine - go right ahead but I will tell you where to go :drinker:

In my case, 3000 calories without "bad food choices" (as you call it) now that would be super difficult, tedious and no fun. We are all on a different journey. Deal with it :laugh:
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Yah this is why I don't add friends on MFP. I don't need random Internet people judging my food choices.

Sorry but after a 20-30 mile training run you can sure as hell bet my food diary will be filled with amazing, tasty, high calorie 'junk'. Your goals aren't my goals.
  • BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    Does anyone honestly think a big Mac, large fry and coke is healthy? Stop trying to justify self destructive eating that causes obesity, it is an argument that can't be won. Successfully losing weight means eating nutritious foods without excessive calories, saturated fat and processed sugar. It is a simple formula that works when people learn to make better choices and stay out of the drive up lane. I am not the food police, I dont care if you eat it, but I won't applaud you for doing it.

Overeating and being lazy causes obesity. I'm making ice cream and brownies right now and plan to eat some of both today, I guess I won't be successful.

power! :-)
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

But if it's McDonald's pizza, demand to know where they got it! That stuff is the shiz! :heart: :heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

giphy.gif
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Funny how OP never came back.
  • BadWolf_Rose
    BadWolf_Rose Posts: 27 Member

giphy.gif

This thread was very entertaining to read. And this ^ gif is amazing. Totally stealing. Erm... borrowing.

So many awesome people in here I'd like to be MFP friends with! :)
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    There is nothing wrong with an occasional slice of pizza. Moderation and balance is the best way to live life, depravation doesn't work for most people.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    My fave foods are cookies, kettle chips and ice cream. If I include these foods into my diet I don't feel guilty about having them. For me, including my favorite treats equals success in obtaining my goal weight.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Only Judy can judge me.

+1
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    As long as someone is logging consistently they are doing well. Yes some days you may not eat as well. I do think it is better to log it than lie and then complain about the lack of weightloss.

29509743.png[/url
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    If you're not congratulating them on being at or under their calorie goal for the day, regardless of the types of food they have eaten and whether or not you agree with it, then you aren't the kind of support system they need. If these food choices put them over their goals consistently, maybe lend an ear; it sounds like your friend is stressing!

I'm changing my own lifestyle, not forcing myself to adopt habits I can't maintain with my day to day schedules. An occasional McDonald's snack wrap, which is usually all I ever get from there, won't hurt me. 250 calories is a good lunch on the go, high in protein, and it sure beats skipping lunch because I was too busy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    As long as someone is logging consistently they are doing well. Yes some days you may not eat as well. I do think it is better to log it than lie and then complain about the lack of weightloss.

29509743.png[/url

But, again, everyone has different goals. I'm more concerned about fitness, so I'm pretty religious about recording my workouts. I don't always log my food - definitely not consistent there. And I'm pretty sure my friends list couldn't care less.

ETA: Congrats on your ticker. Wow, that's amazing.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

I fail to see an issue with an occasional happy meal or slice of pizza if the rest of one's diet is nutritionally sound and within the correct calories. It is that sort of extreme, of cutting out all such things, that often leads people to failure. Personally, I am not that big on McDonalds and pizza, but many here have lost a lot of weight, become healthier and got to low bodyfat levels while eating ice cream, pizza and McDonalds, because they ensure that they meet their other nutritional requirements.

+1

Logging is half of the battle, not because it is inherently difficult to do, but because it requires a person to be mindful of what goes into her mouth.

I don't have a problem with the occasional McD's or pizza. You can have these foods and still do well - just depends on what the rest of your day (and really, what you general day-to-day) looks like.

Also, some choices at these places are better than others. At McD's for example... Egg McMuffin, no cheese, and only eat half the bread (open face)? 16 grams of protein, well under 300 calories, not many carbs. Iced coffee with skim milk, no sweetener or sugar-free french vanilla? 8 grams of protein, about 70 calories, low carb, wakes you the heck up. I'm okay with these choices. Heck, I eat McD's for breakfast once a week or so, depending on how I travel for work, and I've still managed to lose weight and get healthier.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Only Judy can judge me.

+1

+1