American Idol Fiasco?

Options
2»

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm with you guys! I like David Cook SOOOO much better than Archuleta. DA is technically a pretty good singer, and I agree with the judges that he 'peaked' at the right time, but I just couldn't care less. He's so incredibly boring and poorly spoken, too. It was hilarious a couple of weeks ago - Ryan asked him some total softball question, like, "How much do you want to be the next American Idol?" And he just babbled, "Oh, uh, ha, well, that would be great." Like he wasn't expecting the question???? :noway:

David Cook just seems like a real guy, with both talent and personality. And I personally loved his last song. It might not be the big "wow, look at me" performance everybody expects for a talent show, but I thought it was very genuine and musical and moving. So there! :tongue:

As for the other contestants - honestly, I didn't really love anybody this season. It bugged me that Jason Cook stuck around as long as he did - it must have been his big, pretty eyes! I could definitely see Syesha on Broadway - she's very pretty and charismatic.

(I also have to admit to being a Clay Aiken fan - his last album was really boring but I still think he has an amazing voice. Too bad I missed him in "Spamalot"! :laugh: )
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I honestly believe it will be better for Cook's career if he doesn't win. Look at Daugherty(or however he spells it)-he never would have gone this far if he had the title of "AI winner", kind of would have detracted from a rocker's street cred.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    This is the first year that I didn't watch past the 1st couple of episodes with the lousy singers....I've really just grown tired of the show...especially after last year with Sanjaya (sp) going on and good singers getting the boot....
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe it will be better for Cook's career if he doesn't win. Look at Daugherty(or however he spells it)-he never would have gone this far if he had the title of "AI winner", kind of would have detracted from a rocker's street cred.
    very good point!