Who would you prefer to look like? Body Fat Percentages

124»

Replies

• myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    I'd say I'm currently slimmer than the 25% picture but definitely a fair bit fatter than the 20% one. I know people are saying they think the 25% picture is actually higher than that, so maybe I'm a real 25%...

I'd like to be 18-20%, both of those look great. I have pretty muscular arms and legs anyway so once I lose a bit more fat should be looking good (and I'll keep working on the stomach!).
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    I'm closer to the 25% right now but the 18% is my goal some day. Seriously doubt I'll ever get there but I'm so tired of being flabby.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    I'd like to be at 14% at the end of my journey going by those pictures. The 20% woman looks perfect imho too..
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    I think I like me best. Everyone else should feel the same. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member

Yeah, let's all celebrate how great we look when we're fat.

You forgot to post your "Real women have curves."

Wow. Why do you feel the need to be so rude?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    In terms of those photos, the 18% looks most visually appealing to me, but fact is, I range between 12-14% mostly, and look very little like those women at 12 and 15%. People look different at different bodyfat% according to genetics, distribution and amount of muscle overall.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

Yeah, let's all celebrate how great we look when we're fat.

You forgot to post your "Real women have curves."

Really rude and unnecessary.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    The jump on those pics from 20% to 25% for women is way too high. For example I have 30% body fat and look quite close to the 25% picture and am pretty evenly distributed (hourglass shaped and distribute fat fairly evenly). The 30% fat woman is quite larger than me.

I like the post I link below, it has pictures also of various body fat percentages but I think the curve is more gradual and looks more accurate:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    I want about 18-20% for me. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    15% looks like my goal
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    id love to be 18%
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member

Yeah, i think these representations are probably more accurate. I'm at just over 30% and this is more like what my shape looks like at the moment. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 22-24% but I'll be happy with 25%.
  • ssbobbyh
    ssbobbyh Posts: 19 Member
    For me (a guy), btwn 7-10% body fat at <25 BMI
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member

Yeah, i think these representations are probably more accurate. I'm at just over 30% and this is more like what my shape looks like at the moment. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 22-24% but I'll be happy with 25%.

Agreed, even though I tend to store weight in my belly so in reality the OPs photos actually DO look more like me, the percentages in this picture look more accurate.

I would say in the OP's photo, the 25% is actually closer to 30% and the 30% is actually closer to 35%, based on what my own body looked like at those BF percentages.
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    20% absolutely.
    18% is gorgeous as well, just not for me. :drinker: