Mcdonalds? Other fast food?

123457»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Eat whatever fast food you want but I would stay away from McDonalds. Its not even food.

What is it then if it is not food?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    I still eat a Big Mac every now and then, but xnay on the fries. Really the best place for healthy eating in the fast food places is Subway, but again skip the chips and cookies, and have them load your sandwich up with the vegi's. You can eat anything you want as long as you stay within your calorie goal. A big lunch means you're going to have a light dinner, or visa versa.

Eat less, move more.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Best FF is Wendy's Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Salad with double blue cheese ( I either bring an extra HB egg or ask for extra chicken (for a price) on my salad and add 10-12 raw macadamia nuts. I do also like their pomegranate dressing, but the Caesar one is good for my higher fat/lower carb meal. Seriously delicious. My Wendy's knows me well and heaps on the blue cheese... :) Perfect for my maintenance plan.

Their chili & baked potato is good too if you want a carbish type meal.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    It's a scientific fact that when people reach the age of 18, they lose their ability to properly digest McDonald's.

However, if you're masochistic and want to order their fries, here's a little trick I learned from a friend: ask for your fries without salt. They will have to cook up a fresh batch just for you, so they'll be nice and hot. If you don't want naked fries, you can always add a LITTLE salt on your own. This allows you to cut down on a ton of sodium, which makes the fries healthier. Then (most importantly), tell yourself that it's just potatoes, and enjoy!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    To be honest OP, there's not much to choose from in the way of "healthy/ish foods" in McDonalds.
    Their Sweet Chilli Chicken Sandwich isn't too bad and is pretty filling (although it's 590 cals :ohwell: )
    But it's probably the only thing i can eat from there without having to add fries.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Kids Meals. They heave all the things that I want in a normal portion size. I can enjoy a burger, fries and a diet coke for less than 550 calories.

I do this a lot at Chick Fil A!!! Plenty of food, WAY cheaper! And they have grilled nuggets, which are so good!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    It's a scientific fact that when people reach the age of 18, they lose their ability to properly digest McDonald's.

However, if you're masochistic and want to order their fries, here's a little trick I learned from a friend: ask for your fries without salt. They will have to cook up a fresh batch just for you, so they'll be nice and hot. If you don't want naked fries, you can always add a LITTLE salt on your own. This allows you to cut down on a ton of sodium, which makes the fries healthier. Then (most importantly), tell yourself that it's just potatoes, and enjoy!

More sodium =/= unhealthy.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

Almost funny.

Posts "it's a scientific fact", but then fails to post the actual science.

Seems legit.
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member

As someone who has worked at McDonald's for 6 years, I hate this. If you ask for us to drop your fries while you wait, we will. If you don't mind salt and ask for no salt fries, I have to clean the bin, the scooper, and waste all the other fries in there.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Since avoiding fast foodforever is not realistic,I'll give you some options from two places i like.Keep in mind I'm vegetarian so I really don't eat at fast food places by virtue of the fact there's not a whole lot there for me.
    Why is it not realistic? Maybe for you, but not for everybody. I´ve been living in US for the last 15 years. Went to fast food place once when just moved here and will not go again. It was REALLY bad. I´d rather skip my meal than go there (and I did).
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Posts "it's a scientific fact", but then fails to post the actual science.

Um, you don't really think there's "actual science" to back this up, do you? Aw, shucks, you're just funnin' with me! But I'll bet that after eating at Mickey D's, most of us could out-burp the design studio in a Tupperware factory.
  • My fast food go to is Burger King and Chik-fil-a.
    I typically have enough calories to eat out and not really have the trouble of being hungry when I'm done.
    For example at BK= Whopper Jr. No Mayo No cheese. Small Fry. and Dasani Sensations Lime to Drink I'm never hungry after that.
    or Chik-fil-a I get a sandwich with lettuce. Small waffle fry and ice water. I plan my fast food in advance based on the companies nutritional info guide.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Double baconator with chili and unsweetened tea. subway foot long Turkey on wheat double meat . or a foot long bmt with double meat mayo cheese and everything else if I'm feeling feisty. but I do agree I can make better tasting and lower cal versions at home.but....sometimes.

eta ..freschetta pizza thin crust with Canadian bacon and pineapple plus add more Canadian bacon to help your macros... delicious
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm starting to get jealous of all your fast food choices. In the UK we have KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Quiznos (very few), chipotle (only in London). Are Wimpy and Nandos fast food places or more restaurant?

You think your McDonalds is bad, the UK has way few choices compared to the USA. We cant just ask for the grilled option, I generally go there for breakfast when I'm on holiday.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Are Wimpy and Nandos fast food places or more restaurant?

Yeah, i'd say they were fast food.
    But i especially love Nando's Chicken! (I really go for it and normally have Chicken in a Pitta Bread, share 1/2 a Roast Chicken, Coleslaw, Spicy Rice and Chips :laugh: ).
    Wimpy's changed a lot since i was a kid though,....the Burgers don't quite taste the same and the Chips are more skinny Fries now, not chunky. :/