May 2015 baby mommas :)

Options
13»

Replies

• dangergirl87
    Options
    Hi! I am due May 18th with my second. I already have a 3 year old girl. Also trying to keep my weight under control this pregnancy. It has been difficult. It feels like my body just wants to hold on to everything I eat and drink, despite being pretty good about my calorie intake and exercise. So far, at 26 weeks I have gained about 20 lbs (some days more or less). I am hoping to stay around 35 total but now that goal seems hard.
    What has been working for you ladies? :-)

I naturally have an awful metabolism and have struggled with my weight. I haven't gained yet and the biggest reason for me is that I have diligently lifted and done cardio every day. Aside from that I keep my calories between 1500-1800 per day.

This is #2 for me as well and I have a 2 1/2 year old as well. My daughter still naps so that is when I exercise.

While I get great cardio in, I have a hard time getting my 10,000 daily steps in. That has been my biggest challenge lately. :D
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Hi! I am due May 18th with my second. I already have a 3 year old girl. Also trying to keep my weight under control this pregnancy. It has been difficult. It feels like my body just wants to hold on to everything I eat and drink, despite being pretty good about my calorie intake and exercise. So far, at 26 weeks I have gained about 20 lbs (some days more or less). I am hoping to stay around 35 total but now that goal seems hard.
    What has been working for you ladies? :-)

I naturally have an awful metabolism and have struggled with my weight. I haven't gained yet and the biggest reason for me is that I have diligently lifted and done cardio every day. Aside from that I keep my calories between 1500-1800 per day.

This is #2 for me as well and I have a 2 1/2 year old as well. My daughter still naps so that is when I exercise.

While I get great cardio in, I have a hard time getting my 10,000 daily steps in. That has been my biggest challenge lately. :D

Hi Dangergirl87 - do you do a video while your toddler naps? Mine also still naps for 2 hrs a day most days so maybe I should try the video route for more cardio. I have been doing Bar Method classes 2-3 times a week, which really helps with toning. I do feel stronger and more fit this pregnancy. How tall are you? I am 5'8.5" and I have been trying to keep my calories around 1850 (but I do let myself go up to the revised total if I work out).
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    JoanOfArch wrote: »
    Due May 1 here'
    Im due may 2 :)
    10 weeks to go !
  • dangergirl87
    Options
    Bump!
    How's everyone feeling during their workouts?
  • MamaBrodeur
    MamaBrodeur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Late to the club, but I am due in late May... was told at my last OBGYN that I am gaining TOO much weight and that I need to start counting calories. Sooo here I am.
  • kelly_lake
    kelly_lake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, late to join but I'm due May 18th. Feeling like I'm doing ok, not gained other than my bump and boobs, and I'm up 19lbs at 31 weeks. I've not been exercising as much as I hoped to due to SPD but I'm managing to do yoga at least a few times a week and trying to get a few decent walks in too. Up until my hips got too sore I was doing Suzanne Bowen's prenatal barre workout which I was really enjoying, and will pick up again after the birth.
  • km2790
    km2790 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just found this group :) I'm also due in May! The 28th. Almost 31 weeks pregnant and gained about 23 lbs so far. Please add me as a friend and I would love to keep on track, keep motivated, and have some great postpartum weight loss support! This is my second, a boy, and I have a 2 1/2 year old girl :)