Random Thoughts

15678911»

Replies

• April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.' ”
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    My son just informed me that the average age of video gamers is 33.

Sorry, I blew the bell curve (shrug)

I find it interesting. He's taking psychology in college and his professor was sharing a study between gamers and non gamers. Their reaction times, vision, etc. The study was done with gamers who only play first person shooter games. The gamers had better vision and reaction times.

I wonder if the gamers have better vision and reaction times because of the game or they just like those games because they have better vision and reaction times...

ETA: Random thought - I make too much earwax.

Excellent question.

Truly..

7e7741186661.gif
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say, Sorry, got these sacks

:laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    my desire to be somewhere has to outweigh my distaste for the number of people who will be there in order for me to go. Like a football game or a concert usually outweighs my dislike of navigating between and around thousands of people.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    my desire to be somewhere has to outweigh my distaste for the number of people who will be there in order for me to go. Like a football game or a concert usually outweighs my dislike of navigating between and around thousands of people.

I agree
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    It's a good thing that the decreased junk in my trunk makes it uncomfortable to couch surf? Right? Or just painful. I dunno which. Fighting psychological/primal drives. Entertainment vs avoiding pain. But my couch is happier.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say, Sorry, got these sacks

Or you could say, "Sorry I need both mine. But I'm sure you can find a spare on the black market." :bigsmile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Is this day over yet?? :sad:
  • I havent really humiliated myself in over a week and I'm having withdrawals.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Carrots make my poop orange.
  • in my next life I want to be a teenger living in America in 1962.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    in my next life I want to be a teenger living in America in 1962.

I mean, I don't want to be too forward here, but if that's you in your profile pic, 1962 America might not be the most welcoming place. Unless, of course, that's why you want to be there.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I'm on medical leave for 10 weeks. I'm four weeks into it and already I don't want to go back to work. Ever. I want to stay at home and follow my dream career. Unfortunately my dream career doesn't pay close to what I make at my other job. Sigh.

Edited for grammar
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    When I ask my husband why he loves me, why can't he explain it?

When I asked my husband that today, he changed the subject. Later, in person, I asked again. He fell asleep like a narcoleptic. Starting to see a pattern here.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member

Why did they just name an orange after it's color instead of something else? Were they just extra lazy that day?

What if they named the color after the fruit?

giphy.gif
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    I wonder what my dog dreams about....
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    I'm getting Chipotle for lunch. I hope they over-serve me.