alone again tonight

2»

Replies

• sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    This topic makes these song lyrics pop into my head:

"it's Friday night and I ain't got a date, not even with some ugly gal I hate..."

The song is the "Perpetual Bachelor"
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    ya know what I've kinda been learning lately????

I'm actually ENJOYING being single!!!

I thought I wanted to have a man around or a s/o to have someone to talk to or to have fun with, ya know all the benefits, best friends, etc. but I'm quite happy without one right now. a few weeks ago had one of my 'bootie calls' call me at 4am and whine because it's been a while and he said I don't "desire" him any longer. what is he a woman??? yea, I don't need that in my life right now. and no I haven't seen him or talked to him since that phone call.

So I'm thinkin you guys are gonna be seeing me for a L O N G long time! lol! what did a couple of you say? perpetually single??? and right now... not minding it AT ALL!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I was planning on being alone tonight..and then got home from a business trip only to discover my apartment had plumbing issues when I was gone.

So I'm staying the night in the guest bedroom of my house instead. (My husband and I are separated and he is staying at the house).

I just wanted to watch a girl movie and spend the evening goofing off on my laptop.

I've been able to watch so many girl movies since I've moved out. It's been amazing...
  • Home watching tv with my 10 year old. Haha! So exciting. But seriously after a recent breakup, I'm not really in a big hurry to get back out there right now. Working on me and just enjoying some downtime while contemplating life.

Sucks though as most of my friends are married or in committed relationships at this point in life and living in a rural area there just aren't many events for single people to go meet up or anything like that so it usally ends up being either me with my married/taken friends and their SOs or me and my one or two single friends getting together. Nothing much exciting to do around here anyway as the bar scene is always pretty much the same and I'm not sure where else to go to meet people. Church is out as it's the same people that have been there since the beginning of time. :laugh:

Awwww, sorry about the break up. You were together for some time, wasn't you? :flowerforyou:

Aww thanks Anna. Yeah we were together for 1-1/2 years. Sometimes things just don't work out. Not really in a hurry to get back out there right now. Grieving and healing and focusing on me right now. :smile: