What is your. . . . .?

Options
2»

Replies

• cherylweems99
    cherylweems99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The best thing for me has been to remember that self confidence feels better than eating that greasy pizza. It will taste good for a little while, but when it wears off what you're left with is not pretty.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    #1 Don't give up!
    #2 Get excited about the little successes. Be proud of every little thing you do right.
    #3 Let yourself have a treat now and then, or you'll come to resent your new lifestyle.
    #4 Get moving :)

good advice!!!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Stick with MFP. Funny thing, if I had followed my husband's lead on this a year ago when he got serious about it, and told me about it, I would probably be at my target weight this minute.

So, go for it. I am teary eyed about this, because this is the first time ever in my life that I was able to stick to a plan for weight loss for more than 2 weeks. This is week 5 for me, which is amazing in itself, and I do not feel deprived. I also find myself not in the mindset of what I'm going to do or eat when this "diet" is over. That is a totally new way of thinking for me, because I haven't felt deprived!

I know that long after I reach my target weight, I will still be on here tracking food to keep myself in check, and communicating with all my new buddies.
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Options
    Remember (this works for me when I am discouraged) you didn't become this size overnight. When you walked in your office no one said my goodness it looks like you've gained 15 pounds, and most of them won't say my goodness it looks like you've lost 15 pounds. It took about 30 days of walking 40 minutes per day before my everything stopped hurting. Some days it was soo hard. I am losing weight slowly for the first time in my life and honestly enjoying the process. Dotti sayz, nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.