Marching Toward's St. Patty's Day challenge

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i'm down 1lb this week from my weighins at the drs appts on 2/4/11....finally got all the water weight off from the last 2 weeks of eating a few extra meals out....189.4 this week....wooohooooo

Starting weight 1/1/11 - 198.6
    Jan 8: 196.2
    Jan 15: 195.2
    Jan 22: 196.2
    Jan 29: 193.4
    Feb 5: 190.4
    Feb 12: 190.4
    Feb 19: 189.4
    Feb 26:
    March 5:
    March 12: GOAL 189
    March 17: GOAL less than 189
  • bluiz13
    Yesterday I went to the Y and workouted for a hour, I usually do 30 to 45 minutes. I'm feeling it today but it feels good to have been able to do a hour, two months ago I could barely do 15. I didn't drink enough water yesterday I only got half in and that was mostly after my workout. Any ideas on how to get more water in?

drink one first thing when you wake up....then fill a cup that holds at least 16oz and keep drinking thoughout the day....i have one on my desk at work all day long....if you are at home and find you cant keep up with it...set the stove timer for an hour and every hour when the timer goes off, drink 8oz and reset the timer....do that throughout the day....good luck
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 240.5
    Jan 8: 239
    Jan 15: 236.5
    Jan 22: 236
    Jan 29: 235
    Feb 5: 235
    Feb 12: 232
    Feb 19: 232
    Feb 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 17:

Same as last week. I've been sick, so that's made life quite miserable, and I haven't cared too much about exercising or eating right. Hopefully I'll get to feeling better this week because the weather is too gorgeous out to waste.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Congrats Vkpmusic!!!

I have not been working out like I used to and my weight has been going up and down. my eating has not been that good. On a positive note, I just joined a biggest loser challenge at work and I have ordered 'Insanity' dvd hoping to start on Monday. Please, wish me luck, I relly need this.

You can do it!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 240.5
    Jan 8: 239
    Jan 15: 236.5
    Jan 22: 236
    Jan 29: 235
    Feb 5: 235
    Feb 12: 232
    Feb 19: 232
    Feb 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 17:

Same as last week. I've been sick, so that's made life quite miserable, and I haven't cared too much about exercising or eating right. Hopefully I'll get to feeling better this week because the weather is too gorgeous out to waste.

wishing you a quick recovery. you can do it!!!
  • ifychudy
    Congrats Vkpmusic!!!

I have not been working out like I used to and my weight has been going up and down. my eating has not been that good. On a positive note, I just joined a biggest loser challenge at work and I have ordered 'Insanity' dvd hoping to start on Monday. Please, wish me luck, I relly need this.

You can do it!!

Thanks. I needed to hear that LOL!! BTW, I love your signature
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    WOW! Ok...didn't realize I was last week's biggest loser until today b/c I've been so busy! LOL! That makes me regret what I've eaten the last 3 days that's for sure! :embarassed:

I've fallen off the wagon a bit.
    Warning This is on HECK of a week. I apologize in advance.

Project at main job is in the final weeks. 57.6 hrs this week and probably more next week. I worked Sat at the main job last week and Sunday at the 2nd (down to Sunday only from 3 days a week due to project) so it's been about 20 days since I had an off day.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, the main job tells me to let the 2nd job know that they need me Sat and Sun this week and next.
    When I call in...I get fired. Well, sort of fired. They are a family owned company and the owner never actually fires anyone. He leaves you off the schedule until you don't come back or only has you come back on holidays when he's really desperate. So when the manager told me he wanted her to take me off "until the project is over" I told her to cut the crap we both knew he wouldn't have hours for me. She didn't deny it.... so I'm in limbo. I won't really know for sure if he's up to his usual game until I call in 2 weeks. This is slow season for retail, so I'm not sure I can find a replacement.....

So I was stressing about that, and I'm tired, and it's TOM....I haven't even logged the food in 3 days b/c days I've been too exhausted. Now I don't remember what all I ate....:frown: I'm scared to weigh b/c I know the sodium hasn't been good.

I WILL try to get on the scale tomorrow before I go into work just to report something...but I'll probably be back up again. :ohwell:

My goal is to just get through the next 2 weeks and then really kick it hard until the 17th.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    I will be up for a water challenge this week if anyone wants to do it!!

I have to work on my protein intake to get these lean muscles showing through and keep the system flushing!! Monday starts week 4 of insanity and I am really enjoying it this time around having a partner is really working out good.

This weekend hasnt been so great as far as eating but working out it great!!
  • ifychudy
    vkpmusic--- I am sorry for what you are going through right now. Believe in God, do what you can and forget the rest
    NewImproved2011--- I aam really happy for you. I am interested in the water challenge

Good morning and happy Sunday every one!!! I am planning on starting 'Insanity' workout tomorrow. I just finished the fit test and boy, was it intense!!! I burned almost 300 calories. I am thinking I am 'insane' but I will give it a try and see how it goes. Talk to you guys later. Getting ready to go to church...
  • vkpmusic
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 156.8
    Jan 8: 157.0
    Jan 14: 155.4 !
    Jan 22: 154.6
    Jan 29: ----
    Feb 5: 156.6
    Feb 12: 154.2
    Feb 20: 154.8
    Feb 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 17: GOAL 150

That's not bad considering. I know it's all water weight b/c I haven't been watching my sodium this week. I'm up for a water challenge b/c I have not been drinking nearly enough lately.

On the up side, I went shopping in the back of my closet. I haven't worn those pants since 2004!
  • vkpmusic
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 156.8
    Jan 8: 157.0
    Jan 14: 155.4 !
    Jan 22: 154.6
    Jan 29: ----
    Feb 5: 156.6
    Feb 12: 154.2
    Feb 20: 154.8
    Feb 21: 154.2
    Feb 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 17: GOAL 150

I knew it was water weight! :bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    just need:
    juliec0619
    manda52
    NewImproved2011

i know new reports on tuesdays...manda?? julie???
    right now:
    justyourtypicalgirl is in the lead for this week's biggest loser AND
    s_hamm_08 is the overall biggest loser so far...

i'll update with the chart once i get the last 3 weights....
    have a good start to your week girls.....

I challenge you to get 64 oz of water into your systems before 6pm tonight.....
    if you haven't already started get on it now...8oz every hour starting NOW..
    10AM chug - 8oz
    11AM chug - 8oz
    12PM chug - 8oz
    1PM chug - 8oz
    2PM chug - 8oz
    3PM chug - 8oz
    4PM chug - 8oz
    5PM chug - 8oz
    total 64oz before 6pm and then any extra you get BONUS points ;)
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    I love the challange, I did great yesterday and got in all my water, first time in a long time. I didn't get up to the Y at all this weekend, so it made it real hard not to go over on calories but I did it. Tonight I plan to go workout for a lease a hour, I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • bluiz13
    i'm on waters 9&10 right now....bottoms up girls...
  • vkpmusic
    Umm...it's 8:30 pm and I just now saw the water challenge, so I guess I'll try tomorrow....
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    I almost got the water challenge!! All of the water by 8:00 pm. I'll get the next one!!!
  • bluiz13
    18 cups of water today or 9 16oz water bottles....i needed major flushing from extra snacky eating this weekend...
    want to try again tomorrow???
    8cups by 5pm???
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    water really hasn't ever been my problem. I drink 12 glasses at work and then at least three or four more when I get home. :drinker: :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    water really hasn't ever been my problem. I drink 12 glasses at work and then at least three or four more when I get home. :drinker: :drinker:

what is your "problem" then?? what do you need a challenge for??? exercise? sleep? food? fruits? sodium? dairy?
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Starting weight 1/1/11 - 167.2
    Jan 8: 165.2
    Jan 15: 165.4 TOM not an excuse marking to see if I notice a pattern
    Jan 22: 164.4
    Jan 29: 164
    Feb 5: 166
    Feb 12: 164.8
    Feb 19: 164
    Feb 26: If I am not in the 150's by here things will change!!!
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 17
This discussion has been closed.