Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can men and women maintain a platonic relationship?

1141516171820»

Replies

• whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Definitely. I have more than one guy friend who I have been strictly platonic with for like 20 years.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have several male friends. One of my best friends has been a friend for 20 years and there has never, ever been anything romantic between us. We are both happily married. It’s about honor, loyalty, trust and honesty in a relationship.
  • gillylucky13
    gillylucky13 Posts: 2,066 Member
    I think so but also super easy to get complicated!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Yes
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I have a lot of childhood friends who I'm strictly platonic with...I also have a few newer male friends that I love like brothers. I'm not sure if there was mutual attraction that could work out so well🤷
  • AmazonbellaH
    AmazonbellaH Posts: 43 Member
    If there is ZERO attraction between both, absolutely!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    There was a CBC radio show about this topic and I only got to hear one caller who talked about having a lifelong female friend and he wouldn't dare her basically because he thought she would turn him down

Lots often say men and women can't be just friends cause one party always wants more...this caller on the radio confirmed that for him

In conclusion.....I've lots of male friends both young and old. Some are gay so it's easy being friends with them. Some I wonder about but to me they are just friends so they will stay that way
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Yes, all my friends are male and female

I bet you noticed a lot of angry looks from our
    ....well I should say My furry friends...
    🐩🐺hmmmpf!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2019
    It's definitely a necro thread and not a necro subject. It probably depends upon the individuals. As you may know the avg U.S. woman has 3 sex partners in her life and the avg U.S. man has 5. That was in the news last week. Presumably, U.S. people have more acquaintances among the other gender than 3 or 5 so it seems statistically highly likely that most U.S. people have numerous non-sexual other-gendered friendships.
  • kladgeMFP
    kladgeMFP Posts: 180 Member
    Who really wants to? 😂
  • kladgeMFP
    kladgeMFP Posts: 180 Member
    kladgeMFP wrote: »
    Who really wants to? 😂

Some of us 😏

Lol I’d try but it would be hard
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Yes