reading this really annoyed me!!

1235»

Replies

• mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Poverty? Most people in poverty do not get the luxury of pop tart brand of pastries. They many times do not get the luxury of food beyond top ramen, beans and rice. Most people I know in my country that live in poverty work 40 hours a week and do not get government assistance or hand outs, that is poverty.

She got pregnant and quit school at 15 and now has a nice roof over her head, clothes for her and her child and a pantry filled with food. That is not poverty.

When you watch a father and his son with a shovel going through the dump where hotels drop their garbage looking for food, then you will know poverty.

Exactly.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    ... can't afford health food but she can afford name brand junk... let that one sink in a bit.

The chips ahoy alone run almost 5 bucks here. She could have bout a bag of rice, some chicken and veggies, enough for a whole healthy meal with what it cost for that single box of cookies.

*edited* To add I just realized she makes about 6000 dollars a year more than me living on government money. Which makes me want to punch her in the throat with the bag of cookies.

^ This! I too wanted to punch her in the throat for complaining when she gets way more money than me...while I work and she does nothing! *grumbles* I actually figured out the cost of my healthy lunch today, beause I'm a nerd like that, and it cost me $1.23. That was for my sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread (Sara Lee...see even a name brand) and a serving of fresh grapes. Eating healthy can actually be quite inexpensive...sure as crap cheaper than poptarts and chips ahoy!

I'll share the bag of cookies if you want to join in my throat punching escapade! They might get a bit crumbly though. Ha!
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    when I read she tried swimming, but the cost per month took away from her pizza and chinese takeaway I just about lost it! Does anyone really believe that if she gets more money she will spend it correctly?

hahaha thats what stuck out at me the most.....i was like seriously?
  • Did you notice how nice her cupboards are? And look at that counter.
  • Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Daily Mail corrections:

daily-mail.jpg
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    It's pathetic that we support people like this. The problem is that she thinks she's entitled to the governments money. We are ultimately enabling her and her unhealthy lifestyle by sending her a check every month. Maybe she would take losing weight more seriously if her benefits were revoked until she begins to look for a job.

Last time I checked a caloric deficit costs nothing. My @ss she can't afford healthier options. I'm 90% sure the fruit and vegetable stands in the UK are cheaper than the processed food she is buying. Maybe if she stopped buying hair dye and tattoos she would be able to purchase fruit, veggies, lean meat, etc.

There are plenty of exercises she could be doing at home that require no equipment. God forbid she leaves her home to take a walk around her neighborhood.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Probably bogus.