Women 5'2 to 5'4 Ages 40+: what's your weight goal?

Replies

• kls1162
    kls1162 Posts: 7 Member
    I am 49 years old and 5' 2" tall. My current weight is 170. My highest weight was 173.5. I've done Weight Watchers and several different doctors with different programs and medications. I will typically lose weight to start, then I stop losing so I give up on the program, and then I gain it all back. I work full time, go to school, and have a family to deal with so planning meals and exercising is a struggle for me. My husband is thin and can eat anything he wants, so that doesn't help either. I would like to lose 10 pounds by the first of the year, and then 10-15 more by the time I graduate college in May. I would love to get to 130 but I just don't know if that is possible with my current lifestyle. Right now I just need to concentrate on that first 10 pounds.
    Good luck everyone!
    Kim
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    SW 400
    CW 207
    GW 150

age 44 height 5"2
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    I just turned forty, I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 134. After I get there, I'll see if I want to push for the 120s. My main goal is actual health, looking healthy and having a few muscles/not being too thin.

Wow you are in perfect weight!!! Amazing!!
  • Christine_1085
    I am 49 years old and 5' 2" tall. My current weight is 170. My highest weight was 173.5. I've done Weight Watchers and several different doctors with different programs and medications. I will typically lose weight to start, then I stop losing so I give up on the program, and then I gain it all back. I work full time, go to school, and have a family to deal with so planning meals and exercising is a struggle for me. My husband is thin and can eat anything he wants, so that doesn't help either. I would like to lose 10 pounds by the first of the year, and then 10-15 more by the time I graduate college in May. I would love to get to 130 but I just don't know if that is possible with my current lifestyle. Right now I just need to concentrate on that first 10 pounds.
    Good luck everyone!
    Kim

My starting weight beginning of the year with WW was 172. I am down to 163 as of today. And I am doing my own thing. I am following the Daniel Plan and LCHF which is Keto diet. I do not eat refined or processed food. And now I avoid and limit my carbs.
  • Christine_1085
    5'4 44 years old... I started at 379 now I am 190 my goal is 175. I have about 25 pounds of skin issues so my dr doesn't want me going past about 175.00

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: amazing weight loss!! Keep it up!!!
  • Christine_1085
    I'm 54, 5'3', want to get to 145. I have a heavy body type, so I'll never see the 120s again. In my youth I was thin at 125, but was usually around 130. Your body type and your eating habits are going to determine how low you go, and if you stay there.

Based on weight watchers guide lines the best weight for us is 141 to 143. That is the high scale. And yes it would be so hard to get down to the 120s. I was once that weight but at age 49 turning 50 in 26 days, I don't want to be that skinny I would look unhealthy and wrinkles will be my next issue!!! :cry: :cry: So I will be thrilled at 143!!
  • Christine_1085
    SW 400
    CW 207
    GW 150

age 44 height 5"2

If we stick together we can do this. Just find a program that you think will work for you aside from calorie counting.
  • Hello there, I am 5'4 and currently 165.6. 48 yrs old. Last year I joined WW and lost 12 lbs. Put that back on over the summer. I gave up WW and joined a gym instead. My fantasy goal is to be 150. I would like to reach this goal slowly and if I lose 1lb/week, I would be happy. My husband works away from home and is gone for 2 weeks, then home 1 week. I find it's easy when he is gone to maintain a healthy diet however when he comes home, it's like we are in vacation mode. I need to find some balance.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Christine_1085
    Wow there are some impressively low weight people here! I'm nearly 46 years old, 5'2.5" and weigh 162 lbs this morning anyway. Four years ago I weighed 228 lbs, I've maintained this loss for three years. I did get to 143 for one solitary day and looked like a heroin addict. I love being in the 150-159 range I am just praying for some willingness to eat a bit less and get there nice and slow because I want to stay there. I'm so overwhelmed and impressed at the tiny numbers on this thread, I know that's not for me. Blooming well done! :happy: :happy:

You are doing so well!! I am so happy for you!! Keep it up!
  • Christine_1085
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

STOP STOP WE HAVE TO MOVE TO ANOTHER FORUM SINCE I POSTED ON THE WEIGHT GAIN SITE

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Hi

I am 41 in December.
    SW- 143 lbs
    CW125lbs
    GW- well it was 125 but I am going to loose a few more lbs maybe another 5 and see how I look and stop there. I fit into all my old clothes now but I am just giving extra allowance with trying to loose a bit more.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    I am 48 years young and 5'3". My weight goal at the moment is 135 lbs. I will reassess as I get closer to see how I feel, but that is my number right now. ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • cydulrich
    cydulrich Posts: 12 Member
    I am 56, 5'5" and weighed 115 from age 15 to age 38, then got down to 104 doing cross training with a friend. We were gearing up to do some climbing and wanted to be lean and fit. I stayed at 104-108 for 3 years and felt great. I am small boned, but not petite. After age 45 I started gaining weight and reached my peak weight of 136 this year in March. I started MFP in May and am now down to 124. It has taken over 4 months to just lose 12LBS which seems a long time even though I am pretty disciplined about exercise and not over eating. I would like to get back to 115 as that seems to be my ideal fit weight. Age makes all the difference in the world...IMHO. People use to tell me that when I was younger, about how hard it is too lose or maintain weight after a certain age. I would scoff at them and think to myself....you have no discipline, if you would step away from the table you will lose the weight. Well with age came a little wisdom. It is not that easy and I have learned a lesson about being smug. If you are one of the genetic few who do not have to work overly hard to always be trim, and you have a high metabolism even late in life, or have a natural athletic build, count yourself LUCKY, because the fact is, it is JUST luck and genetics. Most people have to work at being fit and healthy, and age makes it 10 times harder. My goal now is to just feel good, and to be able to reach into my closet and whatever I pull out fits. I am tired of trying on 10 different pairs of jeans before going out, trying to figure out which one makes me look the least lumpy.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    I just turned 55 and am 5'4" with a medium build. I look and feel my best at between 125-130lbs. I'm short-waisted and pear-shaped so any extra weight is really noticeable.

SW = 200lbs
    CW = 129lbs
    GW = somewhere around where i am now :)

Doing my best to maintain and hoping that the upcoming cold weather doesn't trigger any comfort eating!
  • tinatwin1971
    tinatwin1971 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm 43, 5Ft 3 - 5Ft 4in and started my weight loss journey at 157 pounds. I'm now down to 146, my initial goal was to lose 1 stone (14 pounds) so I'm 3 pounds off that. I'd ideally like to try and get below 140lbs, but I'm very curvy and don't necessarily want to lose anything off my FF :-)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    I just turned 51, am 5'2".

SW - 180 lbs
    CW - 170 lbs
    GW - 135 lbs

135 seems so far away at this point for me. :cry:
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    I'm 5'3" and i weigh 170 now . I have gained weight since having surgery and unable to exercise.I have been able to start working out since july but I'm not doing to good at getting back at it. My goal is 140lbs. I would love to reach it by the new year.
  • ErMHa
    ErMHa Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5'2" and am 41 years old. I don't know what a good weight for me would be. Last year, at 139 lbs, my Dr. said I was fine, when I asked her. I'd like to stay below 140. I have been up to 147 this year due to reduced exercise. In my 20s I was as low as 114 but I wasn't taking good care of myself; I'm not aspiring to be less than 135 now but I don't know if even that's realistic.

I have a stocky (curvy) build and am ok with it. But extra weight is collecting around my middle, and I'm not as ok with that. I feel like I have the eating in check thanks to MFP and keeping at it. I need to up the exercise, as I have been very active periodically in the past and it seems to really help everything: mood, etc.

Thanks for this over 40, under 5'5" thread!
  • ivelichi
    ivelichi Posts: 5 Member
    Im 44 Yrs my height is 5'2" and I weight 140 my goal is to be 120, Im monitoring what I eat plus Im trainning for a Half Marathon I hope that help :-)
  • I am 5'3", 41, and weigh about 120 right now. I have been bouncing between 125-130 for the past year. I finally decided to get stricter with my diet, slow down the drinking, and add crossfit to my lifting. Now my goal is to get back up to 125. Started the stronglift 5x5 last week and loving it! Went from doing crossfit 5x a week to 3.