Now I can wink at all you cuties!

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Cheryl, you're in Seattle? My husband was born and raised there. We live in Orlando now. I just moved down here about a year ago.

Yes, ma'am (my Southern drawl). I took the reverse journey you took. I grew up in Florida (West Palm Beach) - as a matter of fact I lived in Zephyrhills for four years (east of Orlando) and made weekly trips to Deland. I was a skydiver, and those are the two big places for competitive team training, and worldwide competition and meets in Florida. You should go to one of the parachute centers on a weekend and check it out.

How do you like the bugs and reptiles in Florida? Oh, and the hurricanes - although you're inland quite a ways, so you shouldn't have to worry about too much water, just the wind. My stepdad lost his winter home in Ft. Myers (Port Charlotte) 2 or 3 years ago when Ivan made a direct hit on their retirement community.

I :heart: Seattle. I've been here since 1985.

~Cheryl
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well... Orlando is okay. I miss the Northwest in a big way! I just moved down here about a year ago from Portland to be with my then boyfriend now husband! All of my friends are still in the Portland/Seattle area, so I go back quite a bit! I just recently sold my business there, so I don't really have any excuses to officially go back, but I'm trying my best to find reasons! :smile:

Floridians are super nice, though. I am enjoying the weather now that it's cooling down (finally!). Where in Seattle do you live? My husband went to high school at Odea... do you know where that is?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    katie,

I love your smiling-cute picture!

I understand missing the Northwest. I actually moved here after living 5 years in Lake Tahoe....that was a tough transition for me. The sky is always blue in Tahoe. The lake is always blue. Crystal clear and the most beautiful place. I moved to Seattle in January - gray, drizzle, no snow, a ba-jillion people, pollution and traffic. I pined for Tahoe for two or three years.

I also moved here to marry. Now I love it, (the man is gone), but this will likely be my home for life.

I actually live in the Bothell/Woodinville area at the north end of Lake Washington. I have a friend who went to Odea, but I don't know where it is.

Gotta go....the RACE just started.

~Cheryl