P90X - First timer

191011121315»

Replies

• DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    With 5 days to go, I'm getting myself mentally prepared for another round of P90X. I am going to finish Recovery week this coming weekend, then take a 1-week break. During the break I will try to rest up a little, but I also will try to do some non-P90X activity. Probably some treadmill time, maybe get my bike serviced up and take a few rides, and I am trying to set up a fun little tennis session with some friends. I may just throw in a Yoga X workout because I like it, or even try out the Cardio X workout a little (I haven't used it yet, having been on "Classic" this whole time, which doesn't have Cardio X in its rotation), but I want to resist for a week the temptation to do too much P90X-like workout stuff. It will be admittedly nice not to have long workouts to deal with for a week.

With that last 15 or so lbs ahead of me, I will have to see what I can do during the next P90X round. Thanks for the suggestion of Insanity though. I might have to look into that one, especially if I discover that I can't get rid of the very difficult fat on this upcoming round. But due to $$ concerns, I feel I will have to give P90X a second round before I commit to another program.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    With 5 days to go, I'm getting myself mentally prepared for another round of P90X. I am going to finish Recovery week this coming weekend, then take a 1-week break. During the break I will try to rest up a little, but I also will try to do some non-P90X activity. Probably some treadmill time, maybe get my bike serviced up and take a few rides, and I am trying to set up a fun little tennis session with some friends. I may just throw in a Yoga X workout because I like it, or even try out the Cardio X workout a little (I haven't used it yet, having been on "Classic" this whole time, which doesn't have Cardio X in its rotation), but I want to resist for a week the temptation to do too much P90X-like workout stuff. It will be admittedly nice not to have long workouts to deal with for a week.

With that last 15 or so lbs ahead of me, I will have to see what I can do during the next P90X round. Thanks for the suggestion of Insanity though. I might have to look into that one, especially if I discover that I can't get rid of the very difficult fat on this upcoming round. But due to $$ concerns, I feel I will have to give P90X a second round before I commit to another program.

Completely understand about wanting to give P90X another go around. I know people who have done 8-10 rounds. P90X becomes addicting and people just can't get enough. Kind of like a cult... LOL!!!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    I definitely have to keep going, I am still so soft in the middle and now that I have looked as particularly thin as I have for some weeks now, I don't want to let up and want to burn off the rest of the soft stomach and chest. Knowing it works so well keeps me wanting to do more. Seeing hints of a body you can be proud of keeps you wanting more. I am, however, hoping I can stick to it for another 90 day strict program -- the time investment is considerable.

I stumbled on a clip of someone doing Insanity and I didn't get to see much of the actual Insanity video, but for some reason just seeing a few seconds of the instructor, Shaun T -- my impression was that he seemed likeable right away. The split second or 3 I saw of him trying to encourage you from the TV looked good and he seemed to be a positive motivator. If I get that program someday I hope he's like that throughout.
This discussion has been closed.