Happy Halloween

2»

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Joanne - Awesome pumpkin! That's fabulous.

My scariest moment today: my brother (bless his heart), brought a chicken enchilada lasagna type deal over for dinner. Dang, it was good. I didn't each too much of it.

Thanks JOTW! I had fun carving it too.

That dinner sound YUM~O!!

I'm having a slice of reduced sugar devil's food cake right now... *sigh*
    I'm not over my calories though!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I am sitting here with a bag of candy. We didn’t have a single trick or treater come to our door this year. We never know from year to year how many or if any at all will show up.
    As soon at the kids next door come home the candy is going over there. If they don’t come home this evening then the candy goes in the trash.
    I told someone earlier today I don’t consider it wasting money I consider it an investment in my health.
    For those who have children at home that have brought in bags of goodies I do feel for you. Be strong or have someone hide it from you if you can. I have my husband take things and put them where I can’t find them. If we are at my son’s I have him take things I don’t need to be eating to his bed room with him at night. Just an idea….it works for me *giggle*
    Happy Halloween,
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    I ate at least 10 of those mini chocolate bars last night, then popcorn with extra butter that I added. I am not even a sweet-eater, but I suppose my deprivation over the past weeks might have made them taste soo good. Ah well, what the hell. That's why there are always tommorrows. :smile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Ok, it was Halloween and Aunt Flo showed up finally on Halloween evening :grumble: and there was all that chocolate in the house. (I don't think I need to explain to the ladies reading this what wound up happening... :noway: ) So, I will spend the morning at the gym and I found a recipe that I will try for a Chicken Citrus Pomegranate salad. If it turns out good, I will share it. But today is a new day and a new month and my son is taking the rest of the candy to school today, so it is a fresh start! :smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    :bigsmile: That's what is nice about the kids being all grown up. They bring no candy home. We live out in the country too and the same goes here. All the kids go to town. We don't bother putting decorations up either but I'm sure that will change when the grandchildren finally start showing up.:tongue: I courageously stood up for my apple when someone offered me candy yesterday, and they said "oh come on it's halloween " and I said:noway: I worked to hard to get where I am.
  • Healthier_Me
    Well, I just had 2 Snickers mini's, 2 Kit Kat mini's and an Almond Joy mini:sick:

I feel kinda sick now... the sugar rush is gone and I'm coming down pretty hard:frown:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Joanna. I FEEL your pain. Last night I was feeling so strong like I was going to be able to handle the evening. I had eaten most of my calories for the day, and was using that as my excuse to not dip my hand in the candy bucket. My husband got home from work and said, "let's have a glass of wine and sit on the front porch and hand out candy". So... although I almost never drink during the week, I cracked. Wait, it gets even better... as we're sitting outside enjoying a BIG glass of pinot noir, our neighbors yell across the street to bring our chairs over and we can all hand out candy together. So, our whole culdesac grouped together, wine was flowing, candy was flying, munchies were out... it was utter CHAOS! So... I ate WAY over my calories AND I had a headache this morning! Ugh. :noway:

The only saving grace is I drug my body out of bed and went to the gym.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    :huh: wholly crap!!! Step away from the candy. (Imagine me with a big loud speaker going to Rochester NY area)

Why the heck didn't you yell to us to give you a kick in the *kitten* before you did that! :grumble:

Coming down from that sugar feels nasty. So, let's go drink lots of water to flush this junk out and move on. Your partner in that sugar crime - Julie
  • Healthier_Me
    Hi Joanna. I FEEL your pain. Last night I was feeling so strong like I was going to be able to handle the evening. I had eaten most of my calories for the day, and was using that as my excuse to not dip my hand in the candy bucket. My husband got home from work and said, "let's have a glass of wine and sit on the front porch and hand out candy". So... although I almost never drink during the week, I cracked. Wait, it gets even better... as we're sitting outside enjoying a BIG glass of pinot noir, our neighbors yell across the street to bring our chairs over and we can all hand out candy together. So, our whole culdesac grouped together, wine was flowing, candy was flying, munchies were out... it was utter CHAOS! So... I ate WAY over my calories AND I had a headache this morning! Ugh. :noway:

The only saving grace is I drug my body out of bed and went to the gym.

Sounds like you had a bunch of fun though!!
    I was hiding the candy from the girls so I put it all (plastic shopping bag full) in my bedroom closet.
    I took a nap with Sara and when i woke up.... I wanted chocolate soooo bad.
    I gave in... again. Last night I gave in to chocolate cake.
    I did not go over my calories lastnight though and still have about 500 calories left for today.
    I'll have a light dinner (baked fish with shrimp).

*BIG SIGH*

I know... I KNOW!!!
    I should have hopped on here and yelled for help.
    My kids eat candy about 1-2 times A MONTH.. that's it.. so they have candy from last years Halloween.
    I'll be taking all of this candy to my moms on Thanksgiving.

I have my big water bottle beside me and I'm chugging it!

You guys are awesome!!:flowerforyou: