Hungry after workout

2»

Replies

• I don't know which men get their appetites suppressed but its not me. You need a small amount of quick carbs immediately after a work out something like gatorade or juice and then some fast acting protein like whey. The carbs replinish the glycogen in the muscle and help the protein get used. That usually knocks the ravenous hungers out of me. I use 35g carbs and 24g of protein on a baseline diet of 1700 cal. You have to factor this into the overall daily calories - unfortunately they are not free.

If you are staying hungry all day that is a bad thing if it goes on for more than a day or two. You may want to increase your protein ratio first while keeping the calories the same to see if that works. If not you have to eat more. It really helps me to go very carb heavy for breakfast and taper off by dinner. My dinner carbs are all high fiber veggies, no potatoes rice or bread. I try to save enough calories in the day to allow for a protien shake mixed with milk right before bed. It helps me sleep and to get through the morning work out.