Medium calorie - low sugar breakfast ideas?

2»

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    We make up a bunch of scrambled egg whites in egg rings with whatever we like in them. For me its green pepper and green onion, for my hubby its mushrooms and a dash of hot sauce. Then we just toast an english muffin, put a premade egg ring and slice of cheese on it and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm the egg and melt the cheese.
    We also have a Facebook page where we post a healthy recipe daily. They're in the "notes" tab. We've got several breakfast ones on there. If you're interested, let me know and I'll message you the link:smile:
    Sorry, I'm just getting use to using the posting feature of this site... I meant to respond to this post about "egg rings"... what are they?:blushing:

Thats ok. They're just a silicone circle that you put in a pan or griddle and then pour your scrambled eggs in to so they stay in a ring....kind of like the ones on egg McMuffins at McDonalds....but my healthier :smile:
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    I keep posting this, but it keeps tasting good, so I'm gonna again!

1/2 cup egg beaters (I use regular but you could use flavored or all whites or whatever), 1/3 cup of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (in a bag in the meat section t the grocery store), and 1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss (again, any flavor would work, but this is what I use). Dump everything into a coffee mug or 12oz disposble coffee cup. Microwave for one minute, stir, and then cook again until the egg is all set (about 1 more minute). Yummy!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    I make a bangin' French toast with light wheat bread (2 slices), dipped in a mixture of egg beaters and unsweetened almond milk, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon and 2 tbsp light Cool Whip (you could do the sugar free whip, too).

DE-LICIOUS!!!!

I'mma have to try this out this weekend. yummmm
  • @ Katerinab's

what are the stats
    fat, calories, sugar ?

sounds super yummy

thanks
This discussion has been closed.