*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #6 (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    This is my little prayer that is on my Vision Board....I look at it every night before bed and first thing in the morning

God grant me the strength, courage, and resilience to push myself each day...to accomplish something that I never thought I could! Keep me focused on pursuing excellence, as THIS very thing is what you want me to do. My body is my temple and should be treated as such. And in order to create balance and happiness in all areas of my life, I must FIRST start within!

-Amen
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I am also commiting myself to a road race in May, so there is no turning back now.
    Y'all can check out my blog about it

http://www.runningwithadream.blogspot.com/
    punkrawkcutie... I'll be following your progress!!

forgiven4life... Awesome about the compliments and comments you're getting!
    I know this may be TMI....but, I was really thinking about getting a colonic aka hydrotherapy. I just feel like I need to "cleanse" I don't know, just a thought LOL And they aren't expensive. They say that you should do one at least twice a year. Hmmm we will see, I was going to ask my doctor about it next time I go.
    :laugh: TMI... That's a great idea! I've read that you can build up there, so doing a flush could get rid of a few extra pounds! Definitely check it out! I would like to get one someday too. :smile:

I should edit: I think it's beneficial like you said: 2x or even once/year. Clearly not every week or month, cause you would probably be flushing out good bacteria, and taxing your body more than helping in. Be knowledgeable on anything before you do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    I so agree, Krystle! I would give the same advice to anyone starting 30DS. I'm on Day 28 and LOVE it! You just need to fight through the first four days. That is when I was most sore. Even when I moved to the other levels, the soreness I had at the beginning of those wasn't nearly as bad as the first Level. I am on Day 28, but had one day off during Level 2 because of my shin and my ankle hurting and one day off during Level 3 because I was sick.

You can so do this!!! We're all here to support you! :flowerforyou: I'm thinking of doing another cycle of 30 DS when I finish up Thursday. I'll give myself Friday off then start again on Saturday. One thing I can say is that the only week I had a gain during the challenge was the week when I started the shred. Don't let that discourage you!! I'm losing inches, and I feel so much stronger. :smile:
    Val... Thanks for the inspiration! I'm on Day 4, and yesterday was soo much easier than the 1st to days! Your Day 28 is very inspiring! :happy:

Mollie... Great job following through!! I'm so proud of you! :drinker:
    PS - I love that little button too! It keeps telling me 175 in 5 weeks!! :bigsmile: You're sounds like it's really good to you too! Keep listening to it.
  • This is my little prayer that is on my Vision Board....I look at it every night before bed and first thing in the morning

God grant me the strength, courage, and resilience to push myself each day...to accomplish something that I never thought I could! Keep me focused on pursuing excellence, as THIS very thing is what you want me to do. My body is my temple and should be treated as such. And in order to create balance and happiness in all areas of my life, I must FIRST start within!

-Amen

I love it!! That sounds like a perfect prayer for me for the next 12 weeks. I started a Run for God class to train for a 5K and I know it's going to get hard.
  • Krys_T
    Happy Wednesday Snowflakes! My body is definitely feeling a little sore today. My triceps still hurt from Sunday....go figure, and my obliques. I also think I am retaining a little water this week, I am still seeing that pesky little gain on the scale. I am also trying to figure out if I am on the Depo shot....if I do not have a "flow" anymore (which is a common side effect) do I still have the Pre-Menstrual symptoms..? I need to look into that, if that is the case...I am thinking that is why I am retaining a little more water. We will have to see.

I honestly, would be fine if I maintained this week..because I had two really good weeks. So I know that there are going to be some fluctuations. As long as I keep hitting my mini goals...I am good. So I am still going to stick to what the rest of my exercise goals are for the remainder of the week.

I am also going to this new gym with two co-workers of mine Saturday...and a kickboxing class on Sunday. With that being said, I am looking at a rest day of Monday!

In other news (lol), I am still going to attend the Zumba Instructor Training in April...and I am going to ask my father-in-law if I can use the gym at the school he teaches and coaches at to teach the classes. I have also been putting my little networking skills to work on the Zumba website, getting to know some area Instructors so I can get a feel for what is out there and what is not.

I am really looking to make this a business for me. I really haven't been passionate about something in a LONG time...and I think teaching Zumba and gearing a lot of classes towards kids and teens to promote optimal health...is right up my alley and something that is very needed. Oh yeah, and there is an Instructor Covention in July in Orlando...that I am DYING to go to! It is about $400.00 to go...I think I am going to start taking up a collection on the street LOL I have until May to come up with the money, so we will see. If I do go, I would be able to get another Instructor training class or 2 in, and network and just have fun for 4 days!

I don't know Snowflakes...I just see a lot of great things on the horizon, and I am very excited about it all :) I never in a million years would have thought that I would be looking at being any kind of fitness instructor or trying to motivate others to lose weight and get healthy...but here I am....and I have a feeling that this is something that God is pushing me to do.
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    posted this in the weigh-in thread on accident:

so i've been in a funk the last few weeks from not losing. i wanted to give up at times, but i didn't. however last week i didn't make the best food decisions which is why i didn't lose. this week, my plan was to kick it up a notch or two and really make sure i was giving it my all in my workouts and my food choices. i went to trader joe's and bought a ton of great foods filled w/ fiber and protein. i was pretty excited to get back into the groove of things and see a good loss... until yesterday morning when i woke up with a sore throat/ chest congestion/ gross cough. i think it may be a case of bronchitis, but i'm really praying it goes away asap. i ended up working out last night pretty hard because i was in denial that i was sick, but it probably wasn't the best idea. i'm going to take it easy today and focus on getting better. what a bummer though, seriously. i'm praying i can see a good loss still next monday! fingers crossed.

I know exactly how this feels! But you are being accountable and aware. Take care of yourself and your health. You're still on track :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Happy Wednesday Snowflakes! My body is definitely feeling a little sore today. My triceps still hurt from Sunday....go figure, and my obliques. I also think I am retaining a little water this week, I am still seeing that pesky little gain on the scale. I am also trying to figure out if I am on the Depo shot....if I do not have a "flow" anymore (which is a common side effect) do I still have the Pre-Menstrual symptoms..? I need to look into that, if that is the case...I am thinking that is why I am retaining a little more water. We will have to see.

I honestly, would be fine if I maintained this week..because I had two really good weeks. So I know that there are going to be some fluctuations. As long as I keep hitting my mini goals...I am good. So I am still going to stick to what the rest of my exercise goals are for the remainder of the week.

I am also going to this new gym with two co-workers of mine Saturday...and a kickboxing class on Sunday. With that being said, I am looking at a rest day of Monday!

In other news (lol), I am still going to attend the Zumba Instructor Training in April...and I am going to ask my father-in-law if I can use the gym at the school he teaches and coaches at to teach the classes. I have also been putting my little networking skills to work on the Zumba website, getting to know some area Instructors so I can get a feel for what is out there and what is not.

I am really looking to make this a business for me. I really haven't been passionate about something in a LONG time...and I think teaching Zumba and gearing a lot of classes towards kids and teens to promote optimal health...is right up my alley and something that is very needed. Oh yeah, and there is an Instructor Covention in July in Orlando...that I am DYING to go to! It is about $400.00 to go...I think I am going to start taking up a collection on the street LOL I have until May to come up with the money, so we will see. If I do go, I would be able to get another Instructor training class or 2 in, and network and just have fun for 4 days!

I don't know Snowflakes...I just see a lot of great things on the horizon, and I am very excited about it all :) I never in a million years would have thought that I would be looking at being any kind of fitness instructor or trying to motivate others to lose weight and get healthy...but here I am....and I have a feeling that this is something that God is pushing me to do.

You would be awesome in this field!!:flowerforyou: I hope you get a chance to go to the Convention!

I have dreams of getting in the wieght loss business also, but I am not willing to go back to school to do so. I can always dream!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    posted this in the weigh-in thread on accident:

so i've been in a funk the last few weeks from not losing. i wanted to give up at times, but i didn't. however last week i didn't make the best food decisions which is why i didn't lose. this week, my plan was to kick it up a notch or two and really make sure i was giving it my all in my workouts and my food choices. i went to trader joe's and bought a ton of great foods filled w/ fiber and protein. i was pretty excited to get back into the groove of things and see a good loss... until yesterday morning when i woke up with a sore throat/ chest congestion/ gross cough. i think it may be a case of bronchitis, but i'm really praying it goes away asap. i ended up working out last night pretty hard because i was in denial that i was sick, but it probably wasn't the best idea. i'm going to take it easy today and focus on getting better. what a bummer though, seriously. i'm praying i can see a good loss still next monday! fingers crossed.

I know exactly how this feels! But you are being accountable and aware. Take care of yourself and your health. You're still on track :)

thanks girl! :)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member

I think that's an awesome idea! I've heard of so many people who lost weight and were inspired to help others do the same. Plus, who wants to get tips about losing weight from someone has never struggled with weight? It means more and it's more inspiring to learn from someone who's been there!

Plus, it'll be great motivation for you to keep the weight off! :smile:
  • whittrusty
    Just thought I'd say, I love eating healthy. If you're starving, you're probably just not eating enough of the right foods. My lunch (Salad with lots of veggies, honeycrisp apple, 2 clementines and blueberry yogurt) was SO filling I felt like I was stuffing myself. :smile: And all for just over 300 calories. That's INSANE!!

Love me some fruits and veggies! :smile:
  • leandread
    Just thought I'd say, I love eating healthy. If you're starving, you're probably just not eating enough of the right foods. My lunch (Salad with lots of veggies, honeycrisp apple, 2 clementines and blueberry yogurt) was SO filling I felt like I was stuffing myself. :smile: And all for just over 300 calories. That's INSANE!!

This is so true. A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post basically having a pity party about being hungry all the time. Since then, I've been eating alot more whole grains and less sugar and surprise, surprise, less hungry!
  • Steph_135
    Can someone tell me how to love veggies? :brokenheart:

Edit: I kind of like broccoli, and cauliflower, and different leafy things, but they usually go old in the fridge before I get around to eating them.
  • whittrusty

Edit: I kind of like broccoli, and cauliflower, and different leafy things, but they usually go old in the fridge before I get around to eating them.

This might not be too helpful, but I taught myself to like a lot of veggies by cutting them up small and eating them on a salad. Mind you, at that point I was eating salads with Ranch. Once I got used to the taste I weened myself into eating them in their nature state. :smile:

Look for recipes for how to cook veggies. I'm sure you'll find some way that you like!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    I'm feeling GREAT about tomorrow's weigh-in! I haven't weighed myself this week, but I can definitely feel/see a change. It has been a super crazy, stressful week but I didn't over-eat and I didn't have any major issues with staying on track. My biggest hurdle was finding time to log in and check in with everyone. I'm hoping that after next week I'll be able to be more consistent with that because things will be calmer.

It's great to see all the successes on this thread!! :)
  • leandread
    Good morning Snowflakes....

My favorite Calvin Klein Jeans are on sale for $30 online...I really want a pair. But I promised myself I wouldn't shop for clothes until the snow (and a little bit of me) melted and I packed away the puffy coat. I already have a nice sized wardrobe waiting to be worn again so here I am babbling until I can get my mind off the sale.

How's everyone else doing today? At my university, because we are in Illinois, we have off for Lincoln's birthday rather than President's say so my long weekend starts after quitting time today!
  • Krys_T
    Good Morning Snowflakes! Hope everyone is having a good day! Well this is a funny story....

So my good friend Lissa that I use to be my Assistant Manager when I worked for Washington Mutual is telling me about her cousin. Now I have met her cousin before...beautiful girl...but I guess since I have seen her (it's been years) she has put on some weight. Now Lissa is telling her other cousin at work (all three of them work together) that the girl who got her into Zumba (that would be me) is trying to become a Zumba Instructor....So her pretty cousin says, "OMG that is was too serious for me, does she not have a life...that is pretty sad. She needs to have a kid to entertain her!"

So my friend replies, "Actually she does, she has a 2 year old, a full-time job, a man and a house to take care of!" Well what's even better is, once she told her who I was specifically. She says, "OMG, I didn't know it was her...I like her, I feel bad now!"

Well my thing is...at what point do you sit there and hate on someone else who is doing something that you wish you had the motivation to do. Most people would say..."That is awesome that she can juggle all of that" But noooooo! And I am by no means perfect in this journey...nor do I claim to be "healthier than thou" I don't even share what I am doing with everyone! I let them say something about it...but I was seriously upset about it for about 2 seconds and then I was over it! LOL
  • leandread

Well my thing is...at what point do you sit there and hate on someone else who is doing something that you wish you had the motivation to do. Most people would say..."That is awesome that she can juggle all of that" But noooooo! And I am by no means perfect in this journey...nor do I claim to be "healthier than thou" I don't even share what I am doing with everyone! I let them say something about it...but I was seriously upset about it for about 2 seconds and then I was over it! LOL

Some people have to climb on the backs of other people to try to hike up their own esteem and real feelings of lack....
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Morning S2S groupies!

Krystle, the book, that you mentioned "The eat -clean Diet recharged!" finally came in from the library. I am very intrested in reading it. can't wait!

I have to go back and read all that I missed (posted) yesterday.

Have a great day!
  • Krys_T
    Morning S2S groupies!

Krystle, the book, that you mentioned "The eat -clean Diet recharged!" finally came in from the library. I am very intrested in reading it. can't wait!

I have to go back and read all that I missed (posted) yesterday.

Have a great day!
    Oh great! Yeah...really good book! I enjoyed it...
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member

I am trying to get to that point myself Steph with the veggies! ♥ I am getting so much better but I still have yet to get 2 in a day consistently. I am good with the fruit. I do 3 or more fruits daily.

Would love more input on how people who use to not eat veggies are getting them in. Other than salad..:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.