*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #6 (CLOSED GROUP)

123457»

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    This might not be too helpful, but I taught myself to like a lot of veggies by cutting them up small and eating them on a salad. Mind you, at that point I was eating salads with Ranch. Once I got used to the taste I weened myself into eating them in their nature state. :smile:

Look for recipes for how to cook veggies. I'm sure you'll find some way that you like!
    whittrusty... Thanks! Yeah, I eat veggies in salads mostly. I'll eat them anytime if they're made for me! (Why do they taste so much better than my own?) I hate cooking them, since heating takes away all the benefits of them. If I'm eating them, I want to get as much out of them as possible. :wink: Sometimes people say bad things about dressings, but again, if that's what helps me eat veggies, then I'll probably reach for dressing.

Krys... The way you told about Lissa's cousin's dialogue, you made her sound a lot like my sister. :laugh: What other people think of us has nothing to do with us. :bigsmile:
    I am trying to get to that point myself Steph with the veggies! ♥ I am getting so much better but I still have yet to get 2 in a day consistently. I am good with the fruit. I do 3 or more fruits daily.
    Mollie... I know, right?! Fruits are not the issue at all. I could eat them all day, especially with a sweet tooth like mine. Maybe I (we!) need to find more interesting ways to prepare them. They're just so boring. I forced myself to eat a raw carrot a few days ago. At least it was sweet... :ohwell:
  • Hello all! I don't really know that I am looking forward to the scale in the morning. I really think I will have a gain or maintain this week. I have seriously wanted to do nothing but eat the last couple of days. TOM must be around the corner. (I'm pretty irregular so I never know when it's coming. I was keeping up with it on an app for my Ipod, but my daughter dropped it in some water and now it's kaput! :sad: ) Anyway, I haven't done as bad as I could have, but I definately haven't been eating like I should. I'm also sore from my workouts the last couple of days and feel that I may be retaining some water due to that. I wasn't planning on exercising tonight since it's the night before weigh in, but I only have 135 calories left for the day due to some bad snack/drink choices. Hopefully next week will be better. :grumble:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Hello all! I don't really know that I am looking forward to the scale in the morning. I really think I will have a gain or maintain this week. I have seriously wanted to do nothing but eat the last couple of days. TOM must be around the corner. (I'm pretty irregular so I never know when it's coming. I was keeping up with it on an app for my Ipod, but my daughter dropped it in some water and now it's kaput! :sad: ) Anyway, I haven't done as bad as I could have, but I definately haven't been eating like I should. I'm also sore from my workouts the last couple of days and feel that I may be retaining some water due to that. I wasn't planning on exercising tonight since it's the night before weigh in, but I only have 135 calories left for the day due to some bad snack/drink choices. Hopefully next week will be better. :grumble:

Brandy, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, either. TOM is here, and I took a peek at the scale.... it wasn't good. :cry: Well, regardless of what the scale says tomorrow, we have to just keep on going. We might be surprised.... If not, next week will be a good week. :wink:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Happy Thursday Snowflakes!! I am so sorry I have been MIA all week. I have been crazy busy this week with very little free time, I have however made time to get in a workout everyday though!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and good luck in the weigh in tomorrow!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow, as the scale has been up most of the week because of TOM. It was pretty much back to normal today, so hopefully I'll see a drop tomorrow. If not, I might wait until Saturday and see if I can record SOME kind of a loss this week!! I've been so good this week, I would love to show that in my weigh in!!

I hope everyone is doing well today. I thought I'd share my new love that I had for dinner on Tuesday and lunch today: Veggie Guiltless Pizza!

Whole Wheat Pita (I use Kangaroo)
    1/8 cup pasta sauce (I use Prego Heart Smart b/c it has less sodium)
    1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    As much veggies as you can fit on top! (I use chopped green pepper and red onion) You could also use black olives (Good fats, but adds some sodium), tomatoes, red pepper, etc.

Bake it for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees.

Mine totaled to an amazing 268 calories!! And delicious to boot. So yummy and totally guilt free. Who needs Pizza Hut when you can make it cheaper, just as tasty and completely guilt free at home! :smile:

You could also use a whole wheat tortilla for the crust, but I prefer a thicker crust, so the whole wheat pita works great.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Hello all! I don't really know that I am looking forward to the scale in the morning. I really think I will have a gain or maintain this week. I have seriously wanted to do nothing but eat the last couple of days. TOM must be around the corner. (I'm pretty irregular so I never know when it's coming. I was keeping up with it on an app for my Ipod, but my daughter dropped it in some water and now it's kaput! :sad: ) Anyway, I haven't done as bad as I could have, but I definately haven't been eating like I should. I'm also sore from my workouts the last couple of days and feel that I may be retaining some water due to that. I wasn't planning on exercising tonight since it's the night before weigh in, but I only have 135 calories left for the day due to some bad snack/drink choices. Hopefully next week will be better. :grumble:

Brandy, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, either. TOM is here, and I took a peek at the scale.... it wasn't good. :cry: Well, regardless of what the scale says tomorrow, we have to just keep on going. We might be surprised.... If not, next week will be a good week. :wink:

Val and Brandy,
    That is the beauty of TOM week--If we stay the course next week will definitely be a good week.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    I am totally with you on the TOM stuff! The only thing is the DEPO makes your "flow" dissappear but I am pretty sure you still get the symptoms...because I have been craving sweets this whole week! This usually happens a week before my normal TOM. I have been fighting the urge to eat sweets by eating strawberries and honey almond granola.

But we will see what the scale says tomorrow. Like I said before, I know my body is tired and I have been eating well...so as long as I don't see a gain this week...I am totally ok with that! However, it would be great to see at least 1lb this week! :)

Everyone is doing great! Way to go Snowflakes!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Wow, are we all in the same TOM boat because I'm dealing with mine right now too
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I have seriously wanted to do nothing but eat the last couple of days. TOM must be around the corner. (I'm pretty irregular so I never know when it's coming. I was keeping up with it on an app for my Ipod, but my daughter dropped it in some water and now it's kaput! :sad: ) Anyway, I haven't done as bad as I could have, but I definately haven't been eating like I should. I'm also sore from my workouts the last couple of days and feel that I may be retaining some water due to that.
    I've been hungrier lately, too. I think it might be from doing the 30 Day Shred for the past (almost) week. Need more fuel to keep it going! Could this be what you are experiencing? (Or maybe it's just TOM playing tricks on you.)

T.O.M. = Test Of Motivation
    I have been fighting the urge to eat sweets by eating strawberries and honey almond granola.
    I like strawberries shaken in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and a Tbsp of agave nectar! :heart:

My TOM was last week, but I always get PSM (POSTmenstrual syndrome) the week after (now!). :laugh: I was moody, and then sad, and then happy all day long. I almost didn't get my Day 5 of the Shred in until I forced myself to do it a couple hours ago!

whittrusty... Thanks for the recipe! I never really thought to use a pita!! I'll have to get some gluten-free ones... WAIT! I have some in the freezer! (Too bad I'm allergic to tomatoes... I need me some pesto... And goat cheese... I don't know what to have for dinner...)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    T.O.M. = Test Of Motivation

I love it!! :laugh:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow, as the scale has been up most of the week because of TOM. It was pretty much back to normal today, so hopefully I'll see a drop tomorrow. If not, I might wait until Saturday and see if I can record SOME kind of a loss this week!! I've been so good this week, I would love to show that in my weigh in!!

I hope everyone is doing well today. I thought I'd share my new love that I had for dinner on Tuesday and lunch today: Veggie Guiltless Pizza!

Whole Wheat Pita (I use Kangaroo)
    1/8 cup pasta sauce (I use Prego Heart Smart b/c it has less sodium)
    1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    As much veggies as you can fit on top! (I use chopped green pepper and red onion) You could also use black olives (Good fats, but adds some sodium), tomatoes, red pepper, etc.

Bake it for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees.

Mine totaled to an amazing 268 calories!! And delicious to boot. So yummy and totally guilt free. Who needs Pizza Hut when you can make it cheaper, just as tasty and completely guilt free at home! :smile:

You could also use a whole wheat tortilla for the crust, but I prefer a thicker crust, so the whole wheat pita works great.

Thanks So much for the recipe: I just found Prego heart smart and Had it tonight with dinner. Its much better on sodium, Thank goodness they made a tomato sauce with low sodium. YEAH!!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member

Val and Brandy,
    That is the beauty of TOM week--If we stay the course next week will definitely be a good week.:wink::flowerforyou:

Exactly! :smile: We can't get disappointed. We've been working hard and doing the right things, so if there's a gain or a stall tomorrow, then we know what is to blame..... that evil TOM! :angry: :laugh:

So glad to have the support on here. It makes all the difference! :flowerforyou:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Ok Snowflakes I hope you all dont mind but I really need to vent right now.

I feel like I am losing my positive attitude and outlook, not only on the weightloss journey but also just in my life. I am losing it!!! I have been so lost lately. I have been overwhelmed with school!! I have a test and a quiz in the morning and I found out that I have to do 16 hours of clinical observations before I can even apply to this program I want to do next fall!! On top of that I need two letters of recommendations from teachers....well the problem is since i started college I really havent gotten to know any of my professors, so now I am stressing over that as well...i just feel like there is so much on my plate right now and i will never be able to get into this program and that was really my only option....i have no idea what i am going to do with my life if i am not accepted. Not to mention i went over on calories today and tomorrow is weigh in...I just feel so broken down and depressed right now, i feel like i havent been there for my daughter because i have been so busy with everything with school. I just hate feeling this way, you know like youre not in control? I think I am just going to go to sleep tonight and wake up early to study more, i dont think i can take anymore stress at this moment.....gosh i just hope all this stress doesnt push me back into my old bad eating habits and not working out....all I can do is pray and hopefully everything will workout for me....Please snowflakes just give me a little encouragement, i need it cause I am definately not getting it from anyone at home.......
This discussion has been closed.