My Kids: Fast Food Is Done!

2»

Replies

• I told my son your little story and he was pretty shocked (he's 9, and he likes his McChicken sandwiches!) and I'm not totally sure he believes it. He agreed to try going on a 30-day fast-food-fast, though, so we shall see.... :)
  • This is a wonderful story. It's horrible that your son had such a strong reaction, but I agree that the war has been won. You've just guided your children in making a healthy decision that will impact their lives in a significant way. Bravo!

I used to love McNuggets and crave them like mad... and then I watched a documentary about how they are made. I can't even stomach the small of anything from McDonald's now. I can't believe I ever willingly put that in my body.

I'm also trying to give up soda. I'm down to one or two cans of Diet Coke per week and I'm almost there.

Cheers!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    I am tempted to try this with my kids as well. The only thing that is stopping me is that they will still be eating school food during that month, and I have a very strong feeling that they will make choices for school lunch that will keep them from having a nasty reaction to fast food in a months time. :( Maybe we will try this over the summer when I can see most of their food choices. I have only been eating healthier for about a month myself so they are not on-board yet, but I figure when they start to see the results in me, they will be more interested in improving their own diets.

With that said, I actually went to McDonalds yesterday and although I did not have an extreme reaction, I did notice how bloated and just "stuck" I felt afterwards. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Hope your kids are feeling much better today!
This discussion has been closed.