MFP Running Club June 20th

2»

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    I use the training log on Runner's World. For those of you who are obsessed with numbers and love to keep score, it is a great tool. View my training log at:

http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/profiles/fc5d48ae421b45db943188021e404b7b

Happy Friday
    -Kechie.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Ok, I was able to hop on the tread and run a mile.... going out for a walk.
    Awesome job fellow runners!:drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I swam today...And I'm trying to push myself to get dressed and run... I'm feeling the lazy bug...HELP!

no-tortoise-behind.jpg
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Princess, I always think that the hardest part is getting out the door. The rest kind of takes care of itself. Put on those running shoes and promise yourself to go to the end of the block and if you still do not feel like running, come back home and know you tried. I bet if you get out the door, you will not stop at the end of the block. Good luck and good running!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Princess, I always think that the hardest part is getting out the door. The rest kind of takes care of itself. Put on those running shoes and promise yourself to go to the end of the block and if you still do not feel like running, come back home and know you tried. I bet if you get out the door, you will not stop at the end of the block. Good luck and good running!!

Excellent advice and so true for me. There have been many days that I just did not want to go. One day I was having one of those days as I slowly jogged past one of my neighbor's sitting out on her patio. My neighbor is obese and has serious health problems. As I walked past she said "Good for you. I wish I could run. My health is so bad I can't even walk. Enjoy your run." I enjoyed my run that day and I think about her and how fortunate I am that I can run when I am in the just don't want to do it mood.
  • Healthier_Me
    You betta be runnin' that cute lil tush Lawndry!are_you_there.gif
  • PrincessLaundry

Excellent advice and so true for me. There have been many days that I just did not want to go. One day I was having one of those days as I slowly jogged past one of my neighbor's sitting out on her patio. My neighbor is obese and has serious health problems. As I walked past she said "Good for you. I wish I could run. My health is so bad I can't even walk. Enjoy your run." I enjoyed my run that day and I think about her and how fortunate I am that I can run when I am in the just don't want to do it mood.

Thank you both so much!!! I posted that and since we live on a long road, about 1/4 mile to the end and back. So I ran for 20 minutes! Yey me! I figured since I have biking also, and swimming...I could take an easier night and just not stress over going for 500 + calories. Whewh! Felt good though!

Thanks for the tortoise push!
  • Healthier_Me
    Thata girl!
    Great job:drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    You betta be runnin' that cute lil tush Lawndry!are_you_there.gif

LOL I did! I did!!! Thanks girlie!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    I know it's late, but I just got in and I had to post! I asked a few days ago about the couch to 5k, and I started week 1 day 1 today. The kids are away at grandma's, so the hubby and I ran it together. We judged by the distance more than the times, and we were gone for about 30 minutes and logged in just over a mile. The neighborhood is a little hilly, so I was fairly slow getting up the hills. We sprinted the last stretch to the house, and coming downhill we bypassed our house and ran up to the neighbor's before turning to walk back. It felt great!