MFP Runner's Club June 21st

2»

Replies

• thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi everybody,
    My husband and I just got back from our long run. It was twelve miles. We went to a golf course nearby that has a two-mile-long fitness trail around it. It's a pretty place to run with lots of trees and a soft course. It's a great place to do our long runs because of the soft trail and also there's drinking fountains and porta-potties right there in case you need them, so you don't have to carry water. The trail has some hills so it was a challenge. It took me 139 minutes to run the twelve miles, so that's a bit over 11 and a half minute miles. According to the training schedule I was supposed to run a little slower than my normal pace, and that was easy to do because of all the hills. My husband and I don't run together because he's a lot faster than me, but it's still nice to have somebody to go over there and back with. According to my HRM I burned 1500 extra calories today, so I'm happy about that.
    Great job today everyone! Kechie, you are awesome! Have a happy weekend.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi everybody,
    My husband and I just got back from our long run. It was twelve miles. We went to a golf course nearby that has a two-mile-long fitness trail around it. It's a pretty place to run with lots of trees and a soft course. It's a great place to do our long runs because of the soft trail and also there's drinking fountains and porta-potties right there in case you need them, so you don't have to carry water. The trail has some hills so it was a challenge. It took me 139 minutes to run the twelve miles, so that's a bit over 11 and a half minute miles. According to the training schedule I was supposed to run a little slower than my normal pace, and that was easy to do because of all the hills. My husband and I don't run together because he's a lot faster than me, but it's still nice to have somebody to go over there and back with. According to my HRM I burned 1500 extra calories today, so I'm happy about that.

WOW Thalli!!!!! You rock!!!!!!

You should sign up for a 1/2 marathon. You could sooooo do it!! :heart:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member

How was your daughter's b/day party? :smile:

We had a blast! I added a picture of me coming down the waterslide to my profile. It looks like I was injured but I wasn't.:laugh: It is hard to tell what you are looking at but it is the bottom of both of my feet.:ohwell:
  • kechiemc
    Hi everybody,

Thanks Terry! Enjoy those extra calories.:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Shannon, your day sounds great to me. I never get a whole day to just GET JUNK DONE around the house. And my house has lots of junk that needs done... :tongue:

I ran 10 miles this morning! Yay me! I've been trying to run a 10-miler for two weekends now and have stopped just short for one reason or another. Last weekend I didn't bring any water and was getting dehydrated (dumb), and the weekend before I got stuck in a hailstorm. But I was determined this am and I DID IT! It took me 1:44. :bigsmile:

Keep rockin' the running!

Julie :heart:

Great job Julie! Congrats on 10 miles at an AWESOME pace. You ROCK.