June 25th Runner's Club

2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I went to my cardiologist this morning for a follow up after wearing the Holter monitor for 24 hours last week. There are still a few arrhythmias, but nothing out of the ordinary.

He was more concerned about my low heart rate. My heart rate went as low as 35bpm in the middle of the night. I told him that I am a runner and have always had a low resting heart rate, even before heart problems. He said he forgot that I was running so much and that could be the cause. Yeah running! He also said that I can come off of the blood thinner (Plavix) after my next stress test in September. Again hooray for running! I plan on burning up that treadmill at the next stress test and I will tell them it is because of all the support and inspiration at MFP that I was able to out run their machine.:laugh:

I will report in tomorrow about my P90X workout.

That's so great!! I'm soooooo happy for you!! :drinker:

Remember, I'm Roseann & I'm chasing you!! :laugh:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    I went to my cardiologist this morning for a follow up after wearing the Holter monitor for 24 hours last week. There are still a few arrhythmias, but nothing out of the ordinary.

He was more concerned about my low heart rate. My heart rate went as low as 35bpm in the middle of the night. I told him that I am a runner and have always had a low resting heart rate, even before heart problems. He said he forgot that I was running so much and that could be the cause. Yeah running! He also said that I can come off of the blood thinner (Plavix) after my next stress test in September. Again hooray for running! I plan on burning up that treadmill at the next stress test and I will tell them it is because of all the support and inspiration at MFP that I was able to out run their machine.:laugh:

That is good news. Congratulations!:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Thanks everyone! It is inspirational for me to hear from everyone daily. It doesn't matter if you are walking, running or resting.

:heart: -Kechie.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Go Bunny! 19.gif
    Go Bunny!
    Wear your face mask..
    when your runnin'! 19.gif
    Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o Bunny!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the cheering section! I will be seeing those PomPoms on Saturday :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member

Oh my gosh, I got a creeper reading this! what an incredible journey you have had and your attitude is fantastic! don't take this the wrong way but your story and attitude remind me of my Dad. he had a triple bypass in April after 'dodging a bullet' and he is finishing his last week of cardio therapy this week. He has a great attitude about life and is insanely positive about life. He is a bike rider and has been able to get back on his bike and ride already too!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Hubby and I haven't been home for long. No running today......but, I'm an auntie again!!!!! My little niece was born at 6:22 this evening (after my sis was in labor all day, but at least it wasn't all night, too!) The baby weighed 5lbs15oz and mother and baby are doing well!!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Hubby and I haven't been home for long. No running today......but, I'm an auntie again!!!!! My little niece was born at 6:22 this evening (after my sis was in labor all day, but at least it wasn't all night, too!) The baby weighed 5lbs15oz and mother and baby are doing well!!!!

Congrats Aunt Pam!! Glad it went well and everyone is healthy! Thought about you earlier today so thanks for the update! Take a well deserved break tonight and get some sleep - waiting around a hospital all day is hard work!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

Aaawwww! :love: Congrats Aunt Pam! :smooched:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I did 1.5 miles on the elliptical and .5 miles on the treadmill... I tried to stay away from the scale that was in the fitness room but... I had to. I'm @ 129:grumble: 4 pound gain in less than a month.