Bananas are going bad!!! What should I do with them?

2»

Replies

• egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    I made these for a shower last weekend, they were a hit!! I omitted the walnuts and drizzled with dark chocolate.

Banana Oat Squares

6 Tbsp butter or hard margarine, softened.
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed.
    1 large egg.
    3/4 cup mashed banana (about 1 + 1/2 medium)
    1/4 tsp salt.
    2 cups quick cooking rolled oats.
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts.

Beat butter & Sugar in medium bol. Add egg and vanilla, beat until well combined. Add rolled oates & walnuts. Spread evenly in greased 8 X 8 pan.
    Bake for 50 - 55 minutes in 350 F oven. Cool on rack before cutting. Cuts into 25 squares, about 85 calories each
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Peel and freeze and then make either banana bread at a later day, or use frozen I a smoothies, it adds a creamy ice cream taste.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies! I feel so loved :-) There are so many good options, I'm going to have to get some more bananas and let them go bad too!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    1 banana, + splash of milk + cocunut milk + Ice + Rum + blender = Banana Cow :o)

Enjoy
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Put them in the freezer, skin and all. When you want to use them, use a paring knife to cut away the peel while they're still frozen, and then do whatever you wanted to do with them. I like to use frozen bananas for smoothies. One banana + one serving of yogurt + 1/2 cup skim milk = 2 delicious smoothies. :) Add some baby spinach for a nutrition boost (and a funky color).
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Help! I bought some bananas and they are all going bad on me (guess I should have gotten greener ones). Anyone have any recipes/ideas for bananas that are going bad?

I tried the Nutella/Banana wontons recipe last night - they were amazing, but I can't have just 1 (or 3 or even 5). :blushing:

So what else can I do with these things? Eating them plain is getting a little boring.

PLEASE tell me what Nutella/Banana wontons are?! I NEEEEED to know!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Help! I bought some bananas and they are all going bad on me (guess I should have gotten greener ones). Anyone have any recipes/ideas for bananas that are going bad?

I tried the Nutella/Banana wontons recipe last night - they were amazing, but I can't have just 1 (or 3 or even 5). :blushing:

So what else can I do with these things? Eating them plain is getting a little boring.

PLEASE tell me what Nutella/Banana wontons are?! I NEEEEED to know!

Here is the link to the Nutella/Banana wonton recipe http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140236-nutella-banana-wontons-w-pic-60-calories-ea
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Lots of yummy ideas... but I like to put ripe bananas in my oatmeal. I just make plain oatmeal and mash up a banana (usually half). It's a natural sweetener for bland oatmeal. :) Add some walnuts or almonds for crunch!
This discussion has been closed.