Embarrassing topic

Options
2»

Replies

• destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Enell makes a vest for men that hold everything in place so there is no bouncing, I bought on of their bra's and its great, I bet the vest would cut back on the issues if you can afford to spend the money. I think they run about $70 but are custom made.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't have any new suggestions other than to say that baby powder/corn starch plus sweat = goop so maybe avoid that one?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yeah as atticchair said, this is a very common problem that runners experiance, I suffer from this too, go for light weight t-shirts, the thicker courser cotten polorneck ones don't do any favours for this, and then the best trick is vaseline. I have a small pot of it in my gym bag... apply it to the nips and you're sorted! If you plaster it you'll have 2 dark patches on your chest until the shirt is covered in sweat lol

Say a pea or 2 sized dollop on each...
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, if you watch the Office, I immediately got the image of Andy in his running shirt with bloody spots where his nipples were...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, as a mom that nursed two kids I would recommend you put some lanilosh breast cream on or some bag balm. If you are too embarrassed or dont have a woman to buy the lanilosh for you I would go the bag balm route.

Bag balm can be found in the pharmacy section of any store, typically near the lotion, foot items or vaseline. It is a very thick, vaseline like product that you can apply and it will create a barrier between your moobs and your shirt (hey you said you had a sense of humor!).

After your shower put some hydrocortizone cream and some gold bond powder on the affected area and that will also help soothe your pain. I hope this helps, these are things I do when I start to chaffe in the chest area and it really helps.

Good luck, hope it gets better, oh and thanks for having a sense of humor! :wink:

My first thoughts were of Andy also! Gotta love the Rabies Fun Run Race For the Cure!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty common problem with runners. The ones I used to know just used bandaids.

so did Andy! Still a bloody mess when done!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: