7wk challenge Team West/CA #2

1235»

Replies

• xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    This week was a stressful one, and it showed in my .4 lb gain. :( I thought I'd lost several lbs earlier this week, but I think it was a glitch, so I'm disregarding it. I wasn't able to attend any classes.

Week 3 Goal: 176
    Week 3 Start: 178.6
    Week 3 Weigh-in: 179
    Week 3 Challenge: No classes attended
    Week 4 Goal: 178
    This will actually be week 5!

Haha oops. :D
  • bromk
    bromk Posts: 34
    Saturday Check-in:
    Week 5 Goal: 177.5
    CW: 177.6 (missed it by 1/10 of a pound...I can live with that)
    Challenge: 6 servings of fruit
    Week 6 Goal: 176.5
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    I met the fruit challenge for the week :smile: but didn't lose any weight this week :grumble:
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Hoooo----kay....un-thrilling week here. I'm still holding steady at 250. I'm going to try to lose another pound next week.

Fruit was not a problem; I've had at least two servings a day, because I usually have at least that much for breakfast.
  • xomakaxo
    Week 5 Goal: 178
    Week 5 Weigh-in: 178.1
    Challenge: I had all of my fruit servings except missed one on saturday.

I actually ate fruit instead of junk food (ice cream) on a few occasions this week. :D

Week 6 Goal: 176
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    ok, I haven't tracked down the latest challenge but will compile stats today. I got my fruit servings but gained weight, I know it was water weight from traveling, my fingers were swollen.
  • amysj303
    Should we make up our own challenge for the week? How's everyone doing?
    Give it up for Lovetobeme who is now at 199.1:bigsmile:
    I am on week 9 of 12 on the half-marathon plan but lately all I have managed to do are the running days, not much cross-training the last couple of weeks so I will try and work in a couple of those this week!
  • amysj303
    so the Challenge this week is to avoid a trigger food:
    Week 6 challenge:
    Give up 1 trigger food this week!
    If you have a food that is so irresistable that you can't help but scarve down seconds or thirds, SKIP IT!
    For this challenge just put yes or no at the end of the week of whether or not you went without the food of your choosing. Just pick one food (Brownies, ice cream, potato chips, etc.) whatever makes you turn into a grizzly bear!

I don't really avoid any foods. If I were honest it would be alcohol. No matter what I drink I always drink more than I intended and often eat badly when I have too much to drink.
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    I lost a lb this week, finally, after deciding this week to do some tweaking to my plan. I had to bump up my calories, and adjust how I report exercise. But I'm back in the game!

I missed the challenge post, but I only ate my trigger food once, stopped at about two servings. It's tortilla chips. They don't tempt me for the most part, but once I start, stopping is really hard.

My goal this week is to lose another lb, to reach 248. I've cracked the big 250, and I want to keep it that way!
  • bromk
    CW - 177.0 (I lost .6 of a pound)
    Challenge - I managed to avoid my trigger food this week...:smile:
    Week 7 goal - 177 (I'm just hoping to maintain since I'm facing a double whammy of PMS and 4 days of vacation).
  • amysj303
    hey! still getting a few responses from Team West/CA#2! Great job everyone, one week left!! Need to check to see what the challenge will be...
  • xomakaxo
    Hey guys, this week flew by!

Challenge: Trigger food: Chocolate stuff.
    Avoidance?: (Yes.) Very good. I think I had one serving and was able to eat half a bag of m&ms instead of the whole thing. :D

Week 6 SW: 178.1
    Week 6 GW: 176
    Weigh-in: 176.8
    Week 7 GW: 174.5
  • amysj303
    hey, got the week 7 challenge:
    Strength train at least two times this week! It can be at the gym, at home, doing crunches, what have you! Just use your body or use your weights!! :)

This will be fine for me, I already plan to strength train tonight and Thursday.
    Thanks for those sticking with us, you're all doing great. There is a link for week 7 and she listed the people who are still in the challenge, you might want to check for your name because she only counted people who posted to the link, I think. But I will be here and taking your stats regardless-I don't think there is a cash prize you're missing out on!:laugh:
  • amysj303
    Ok, I only saw one person post their final week 7 stats so I don't know if y'all are still out there, but it's been great! Good luck on your continued success and do post here or message me if you want me to submit your final numbers!
  • xomakaxo
    Week 7 Goal: 174.5
    Week 7 Final: 175.5

7-Week loss: 184.1 - 175.5 = 8.6 lbs. Didn't make my goal, but every bit helps! :D

Didn't strength train officially, had some back probs. Anyone up for a new challenge? Post some good ones!
  • amysj303
    That's a great loss and a win:) I am going to try strength training 3 days per week and HIIT twice a week, then gradually get my diet into shape-more protein, more veggies, I would like to limit drinking to two nights per week.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Well I didn't meet my 7 week goal, but at least I'm down 3 pounds :bigsmile: For the challenge, I did one strength training, crazy week again.
  • bromk
    7 week goal: 172
    CW - 176.2

I didn't meet my goal, but I did lose 6 lbs during the challenge. No strength training during the week.

Thanks all....it's been fun!
  • beechick
    beechick Posts: 50
    Sorry but i HAD A CRAZY FIRST FEW DAYS OF THE WEEK. Final weight is 168. Did not meet my goal but have been losing approx 1 lb a week Start 177 goal was 163 but I lost 9 pounds!!! and something like 13 inches . I did only 2 days of strength training last week.
    Thanks for keeping track of all of us...I'm glad you stepped up at the beginning and keep going with us!!! WE Team West Coast#2 ROCKS!!!
    Debbee
This discussion has been closed.