How do you get rid of toxins?

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wait... no love for the coffee enema?
    "Administer a coffee enema to cleanse toxins out of your liver and gall bladder and empty your colon of feces. Your health may improve if you give yourself a coffee enema that helps you excrete toxins and waste from your body. Caffeine, theobromine and theophylline in the coffee is absorbed into the body through the *kitten*. These chemicals relax smooth muscles, stimulate the bowels, and cause bile ducts and blood vessels to open."
    But chemicals are bad :(
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    This illustration is priceless btw.

Administer-a-Coffee-Enema-Step-9.jpg
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

Ahh- thank you for the explination...

....And I really hope it wasn't a high voltage of electricity... :#

Did you know that high voltage is less fatal than low voltage? Low voltage shocks are most likely to cause defib of the heart, which is very difficult to correct since your heart is still beating, but not well enough to keep you alive. High volt shocks are more likely to temporarily stop your heart, at which point your heart is more likely to resume natural rhythm on it's own. Learned it in my one electrical engineering class and I was shocked (get it)! Note: I'm not talking lighting strikes here...

Did you know that voltage has nothing to do with electricity's ability to kill you?

You're talking about current. Over 0.1 amps is enough to kill you. Below that, and no matter how much or how little voltage you have, it will not kill you (unless you have an underlying medical condition).

Voltage and current are related though. Given the same resistance, low voltage will have high current. High voltage will have low current. Therefore, high voltage is less likely to kill you, if the resistance is low enough (again, given the same voltage, high resistance will have higher current, lower resistance will have lower current).

I = V*R

I = current
    V = Voltage
    R = resistance

Trust me, I took grade 9 physics.
  • You have a liver, that's how.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    I don't need to eat or drink ANYTHING to detoxify. I just need to put these nifty buggers on my feet and the toxins get drawn out overnight while I sleep!

detox-foot-patch.jpg

Well, when the OP said her toxins had "gone do
    I don't need to eat or drink ANYTHING to detoxify. I just need to put these nifty buggers on my feet and the toxins get drawn out overnight while I sleep!

detox-foot-patch.jpg

I figured when the OP said her toxins had "gone down", she meant they settled in her feet, so thanks for saving me the trouble of looking up the name of these little miracle footsie things.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member

detox-foot-patch.jpg

Looks like it's drawing the hair out of the foot. Now THAT I'm in for! I had no idea there was such fuzz in my feet. *runs out to buy ASAP*

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

detox-foot-patch.jpg

Are toes just naturally non-toxic?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

detox-foot-patch.jpg

Are toes just naturally non-toxic?

maybe only in ballerinas since they are the only people who regularly stand on their tippy toes.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    I am surprised that nobody has suggested building a pyramid over one's bed yet. oh, crap. Am I the only one here old enough to remember when that was A Thing? Although, I think that was supposed to make it so you'd never age, not to detoxify. It was the 70s, we lived in a toxin-rich environment back then.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I remember seeing a woo woo documentary where a guy used a pyramind to "preserve" cooked bacon on his counter. "It's been under this pyramid for the last month. Look, it looks like it just came out of the pan.

Uh yeah, because you fried it so much it's basically dessicated meat, and you kept the lid on it, so bugs couldn't get to it. Doofus.
  • bsballmom55
    bsballmom55 Posts: 13 Member
    You know I don't comment on much around here but reading this post makes me think yall are a bunch of bully's. Do you really need to mock this person message after message? Let it go.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    You know I don't comment on much around here but reading this post makes me think yall are a bunch of bully's. Do you really need to mock this person message after message? Let it go.

The plural of bully is bullies.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

bully!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

but its sooooooo much fun ....

this thread should now have hit bingo multiple times...bullies, toxins, cleanses, etc...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

but its sooooooo much fun ....

this thread should now have hit bingo multiple times...bullies, toxins, cleanses, etc...

No sugar though. I'm pretty sure sugar is the devil is a must for bingo.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited February 2015

Oh we're not mocking her - we're mocking all the silly stuff out there.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

This thread stopped being about the OP a long time ago. Now people are mocking alt-med in general.

For the record, I hate alt-med and will mock it at every turn. Not the people who are fleeced by it, but the people who do the fleecing. They absolutely deserve to be mocked.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Good show, bully!

*moustache wag*
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    nrhrzyaaspgf.jpg

It's...It's....an.....aspartame zombie?
This discussion has been closed.