Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    vitamins have no genes, eh?
    Genes, you say?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XMy9WeI_fw

BY DOING THIS!

Until someone with access to the live branch breaks it.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I am surprised that nobody has suggested building a pyramid over one's bed yet. oh, crap. Am I the only one here old enough to remember when that was A Thing? Although, I think that was supposed to make it so you'd never age, not to detoxify. It was the 70s, we lived in a toxin-rich environment back then.

I do remember that pyramid fad! Someone even built a pyramid house off of I-94 in southeast Wisconsin, and every time I drove up there, I wondered how they hung pictures and arranged furniture. I think the Pyramid Era was the one before the Miracle Magnets Era.
    Anyone remember "In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy and "That's Incredible?" They covered this stuff which would become the stuff of Ancient Aliens of today.

Boy I loved those shows.

Also, I've driven past that pyramid house many times.. kitsch.

The real wackaloons adjacent to pyramid house come from "The University of Lawsonomy." - a kind of depression era crank theory of everything.

"Lawsonomy combined religion and economics and was based on a belief and adherence to what Lawson called "natural laws." Among several laws of the philosophy were: To know God one must understand his laws, true character is formed by unselfish acts, if man will act right he can have knowledge, God permits inactive creatures to perish and others.

Lawson used his philosophy to speak out about patriotism, diet, freedom of expression, spiritual worship and many other subjects. His followers were a disciplined group, wearing uniforms and adhering to a military-like structure."

I'm originally from Chicago, and we drove up into Wisconsin hundreds of times over the years. As near as we could tell, "University of Lawsonomy" wasn't a university at all. It was just a sign with block letters. Is that true? The first time I used an internet search engine, that was the first thing I looked up. No one seemed to know what it was.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I am surprised that nobody has suggested building a pyramid over one's bed yet. oh, crap. Am I the only one here old enough to remember when that was A Thing? Although, I think that was supposed to make it so you'd never age, not to detoxify. It was the 70s, we lived in a toxin-rich environment back then.

I do remember that pyramid fad! Someone even built a pyramid house off of I-94 in southeast Wisconsin, and every time I drove up there, I wondered how they hung pictures and arranged furniture. I think the Pyramid Era was the one before the Miracle Magnets Era.
    Anyone remember "In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy and "That's Incredible?" They covered this stuff which would become the stuff of Ancient Aliens of today.

Boy I loved those shows.

Also, I've driven past that pyramid house many times.. kitsch.

The real wackaloons adjacent to pyramid house come from "The University of Lawsonomy." - a kind of depression era crank theory of everything.

"Lawsonomy combined religion and economics and was based on a belief and adherence to what Lawson called "natural laws." Among several laws of the philosophy were: To know God one must understand his laws, true character is formed by unselfish acts, if man will act right he can have knowledge, God permits inactive creatures to perish and others.

Lawson used his philosophy to speak out about patriotism, diet, freedom of expression, spiritual worship and many other subjects. His followers were a disciplined group, wearing uniforms and adhering to a military-like structure."

I'm originally from Chicago, and we drove up into Wisconsin hundreds of times over the years. As near as we could tell, "University of Lawsonomy" wasn't a university at all. It was just a sign with block letters. Is that true? The first time I used an internet search engine, that was the first thing I looked up. No one seemed to know what it was.
    I linked to it above.

http://onmilwaukee.com/buzz/articles/lawson.html

Look up Richard Lawson. Think a pre-war version of L Ron Hubbard.
  • Aside from the "toxins" discussion, has anyone else noticed how much MFP changed in 4 years? Wonder if 4 years into the future people would look at our posts and smirk.
    My guess, there will still be the same old battles of science vs pseudo-science and SBM vs pseudo-medicine. Readers in the future will recognize much of this, that is, if the zombies don't get here first.

And now zombies. I might be crushin on you a little. In a non-creepy way.
    What can I say? Science, skepticism, sci-fi, and philosophical-naturalism have always held a special appeal or interest to me.
  • MrM27 wrote: »
    Aside from the "toxins" discussion, has anyone else noticed how much MFP changed in 4 years? Wonder if 4 years into the future people would look at our posts and smirk.

Wonder no more. I've looked into the future and all I saw was.....

u4t3z5oqohg1.jpeg
    Great movie.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Try pooping...it's good for you. I always use MFP when I poop...

You're not a candy crusher? that's disappointing.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aside from the "toxins" discussion, has anyone else noticed how much MFP changed in 4 years? Wonder if 4 years into the future people would look at our posts and smirk.

u4t3z5oqohg1.jpeg
    Great movie.

:)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Up next, on the Violence Channel....getting kicked in the crotch!

In other news, I am a wanton selective Woo Broscience follower. If it's tasty, I'm in. If it's nasty, it's bunk.

/full disclosure
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member

u4t3z5oqohg1.jpeg
    Great movie.

I like money.

You like money, too? We should hang out.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    So, I work in a hospital. I walked over to one of the doctor's offices, and I basically asked her "So, can you recommend a good detox program for me?"

She looked at me as if I was insane.

I guess that answers this question. :-P
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Thread locked.. way too much drama up in thread

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.