New member from central Florida

Options
Hey all, I have joined this because I need to get healthy as I am getting older. I feel like crap and the funny thing is, I used to be a Personal Trainer in the 80's. Any inspiration would be great. I will post pictures in a couple of days.

Replies

• dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey all, I have joined this because I need to get healthy as I am getting older. I feel like crap and the funny thing is, I used to be a Personal Trainer in the 80's. Any inspiration would be great. I will post pictures in a couple of days.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is terrific to have you. Motivation comes in so many forms but I think you said it best yourself, you want to feel good.
  • dantell13
    Options
    thank you. 46 pounds, you are my idol. wow. how do you have the discipline?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome neighbor!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dante :flowerforyou:

W.C. of FL here ....lots of great new info on nutrition and health on this site.

As far as being a personal trainer 20 yrs ago...use it to your advantage! :happy:

Once the heart of a lion....ALWAYS the heart of a lion!! :tongue:

What kind of exercise are you planning for yourself?

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm in Central FL too...the mosquito must be the state bird right now :laugh:
    This site is great and I wish you good luck!
  • dantell13
    Options
    Thanks neighbor!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Believe me it is not easy. I am trying very hard to get back to it right now as I slid back when school got out and I was off work for the summer. There are others who are here who have lost more but I am working at it.

Personally I have no no foods that I cannot have around because they trigger my cravings. I am learning to eat differently and that in itself is huge. Though I wasn't so much a junk food person before I still needed to change some things. Second I have to step up the exercise. I struggle with that every day but I am getting better. I don't go to a gym as the cost is not an option so I walk and do the rubber band things. I also like the Quigong and taking the kids disc golfing.

You can do this.
  • dantell13
    Options
    ALL OF YOU ARE GREAT. I CANT BELIEVE ALL OF YOU SAYING HELLO. I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE I AM NOT ALONE HERE. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU. YOU ALL ROCK!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    party0031.gifparty0007.gif
    party0028.gif