MFP Runners Club- July 5th

2»

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    it has been ages I jkeep forgetting to post!!!! I did a measly mile and 3/4s today on the treadmill. I have been working so much that darn near killed me
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    I did 4.5 miles today
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    The athletic, intelligent, and beautiful women of MFP are out there tearing it up again today! Way to go.

Okay, I admit I might be a little crazy, but I want to pole vault again. It has been years, but as I get in better and better shape I can hear the call.

After I did my arm, shoulder, and ab workout today I decided to do some speed work on the track. I need to be able to sprint for pole vaulting. Even though I have been running for a while, I never break into a sprint. I was doing repeat 100s, trying to run hard but not quite hit sprint speed. On the 6th one I was feeling good, started sprinting, and pulled a hamstring. It is not too bad, and now I know what I need to work on.

A man has got to have a dream. Geezer pole vaulting is mine.

Jim

Soooo..ditching us for the MFP Pole Vaulter's Club, eh??? Hrmpf!!!! CrossedArms.gif

Shannon - I tried the MFP Pole Vaulter's Club this afternoon. Just between you and me, that JD character hanging out there seems a little delusional. So, I think I''ll just stay here and continue to try to get in touch with my feminine side.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    The athletic, intelligent, and beautiful women of MFP are out there tearing it up again today! Way to go.

Okay, I admit I might be a little crazy, but I want to pole vault again. It has been years, but as I get in better and better shape I can hear the call.

After I did my arm, shoulder, and ab workout today I decided to do some speed work on the track. I need to be able to sprint for pole vaulting. Even though I have been running for a while, I never break into a sprint. I was doing repeat 100s, trying to run hard but not quite hit sprint speed. On the 6th one I was feeling good, started sprinting, and pulled a hamstring. It is not too bad, and now I know what I need to work on.

A man has got to have a dream. Geezer pole vaulting is mine.

Jim

Soooo..ditching us for the MFP Pole Vaulter's Club, eh??? Hrmpf!!!! CrossedArms.gif

Shannon - I tried the MFP Pole Vaulter's Club this afternoon. Just between you and me, that JD character hanging out there seems a little delusional. So, I think I''ll just stay here and continue to try to get in touch with my feminine side.

That's why I hang out here too. :blushing: