Big Thighs

2»

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!!

Would you quit bumping these Zombie threads with your sales scams.. It's against forum rules ya know.

Oh and IN for the bulky squatting thighs.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    On the other hand.....

squat.jpg

Motivation for us weak guys. :-)
    Dang. I'm straight, but I still want to bite her quads.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Here hoping for pics. Don't mind me
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Bump! I have big thighs...and I cannot lie! I will look into the exercises listed. Thanks.
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    My thighs are the bane of my existence! Jeans fitting perfectly in the waist but too tight in the thighs? The story of my life :/

I have noticed a BIG difference since using the stationary bike. After using it intensely for about two weeks I was devastated as I felt like my thighs were getting bigger! My jeans were definitely tighter. I was so disheartened, but a few knowledgable MFP folks assured me that my thigh muscles were not bulking up, they were simply retaining important fluid to try and heal after such strenuous use. I took about three days off to rest, and voila - fluid went away and thighs slimmer than ever! Even my cellulite is disappearing! I've devised a new workout plan now that involves using the stationary bike Mon, Wed & Fri and resting on weekends to give the muscles time to heal.

Hope I've helped some of you. There IS hope out there!!! :flowerforyou:

Very good info, re: muscles retaining fluid. I tend not to take rest days as I should - Thanks!

My thighs are nearly the same circumference as my waist! I've accepted that some things can't be (completely) changed.

I agree with the others who have touted spin classes. I'm back at it now, because my legs were in the best shape (still big) ever when I was spinning regularly.
  • XLMACX
    XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
    Right now I'm confused?!!??? I have just started a weight program I do 3 x a week inc

Barbell squats
    Leg existential machine
    Leg curling machine
    Squatting with kettlebells
    Dumbells lunge

I heard from a personal trainer spinning makes thighs bigger??? :indifferent:

Someone please help I have tiny waist and have lost 4" off it since January but it's my thighs I'm bothered about I'm desperate to get them slimmer they get me down so much :cry:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Right now I'm confused?!!??? I have just started a weight program I do 3 x a week inc

Barbell squats
    Leg existential machine
    Leg curling machine
    Dumbells lunge

Someone please help I have tiny waist and have lost 4" off it since January but it's my thighs I'm bothered about I'm desperate to get them slimmer they get me down so much :cry:

1. No spinning won't make your thighs bigger. Cardio does not grow muscles especially in a calorie deficit.

2. I spent many years hating my big thighs? Know what really helped? When I stopped hating them. They aren't much smaller than they used to be but the are part of the bigger picture that is me. No one but me focuses in on just the thighs. Step back from the mirror, look at your whole body and take it in as one big piece. Who cares if your thighs are big? Pear shape is a normal, common, healthy body shape. Accept them. Ignore them. Stop focusing. Move on.

3. Build/ retain muscle in your upper body, and under the fat in your thighs for a overall better physique.

4. Thigh fat will eventually come off but for many of us it's the last place.
  • XLMACX
    XLMACX Posts: 346 Member

Barbell squats
    Leg existential machine
    Leg curling machine
    Dumbells lunge

1. No spinning won't make your thighs bigger. Cardio does not grow muscles especially in a calorie deficit.

2. I spent many years hating my big thighs? Know what really helped? When I stopped hating them. They aren't much smaller than they used to be but the are part of the bigger picture that is me. No one but me focuses in on just the thighs. Step back from the mirror, look at your whole body and take it in as one big piece. Who cares if your thighs are big? Pear shape is a normal, common, healthy body shape. Accept them. Ignore them. Stop focusing. Move on.

3. Build/ retain muscle in your upper body, and under the fat in your thighs for a overall better physique.

4. Thigh fat will eventually come off but for many of us it's the last place.

Thank you
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    For me fat loss is not happening to much in my thighs and chest. From what I know I have to just keep losing FAT and they will soon be smaller and gone.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    I used to do strength training on my legs, as well, but that is actually counter productive as it makes your leg muscles larger. Body weight training (i.e., pilates) is actually much better for toning that area. I had never thought of it like that before, but it really makes sense.

Also, I started doing spin class, and I have seriously seen a difference in my legs. Much like pilates, spin will help tone your thighs without making them bulky (at least in my experience). I hope this helps. Good luck!

No offense. but this wrong. There is no such thing as "tone"... simply muscle minus body fat. Strength training will build muscle, but if you do not put your self in a caloric deficit you will not lose fat to see the muscle and will also push the fat layer out more as the muscle underneath grows. Body weight training probably give the illusion of "toning" because you will not be growing as much muscle and you will be doing more cardiovascular type training thus putting you in a caloric deficit (im assuming...i know nothing about your macro intake)... strength training is the better long term solution, the more muscle you have, the more calories you need to consume and the more metabolic expensive your body will be. The muscle will do the work for you if your patient.
This discussion has been closed.