Why you want to lose your weight?

2»

Replies

• I've been big for a long time, but now I'm really big and I've had enough of it. I want to look and feel better. I want to get into clothes designed for "normal" women and not have to pay over the odds for "plus size" clothes I don't even like.

There are also health reasons. I've got a creaky knee which would be better (I hope!) if I weighed less, my cholestrol is up a bit, and I don't want to develop Type 2 diabetes as I get older.

However, a strong motivation is to support my daughter. She and her boyfriend live with us and the three of us are dieting together. My daughter has been diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome and needs to lose the weight before she can have fertility treatment. It isn't easy for her, as insulin resistance is one symptom of PCOS and this makes it more difficult to lose weight, but she is determined and has lost 10.5lbs over the last month or so. If she loses weight, she may not even need the treatment, as weight loss can help some women with PCOS start ovulating naturally. In addition, it can help reduce the long-term risks associated with PCOS, such as heart disease, so it's very important to me that she loses the weight and keeps it off, as I'm very frightened of her getting ill as she gets older.

So if I can help to support and motivate her by sharing her diet, I'm prepared to do it for as long as it takes.
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    My reasons to lose weight.. oh boy :brokenheart:

Lover my chances of heart problems,and diabetes.
    to be able to run and play the way i want to!
    so that i might get pregnant !:blushing:
    i want to have lots of energy and not be tired all the time:cry:
    to look sexy for my hubby :love:
    to shop without worrying if they have that really nice dress in my size!
    to fit into all my old clothes, i have so many nice new things that i never even got to wear-:sad:
    to fit into my hubbys arms easily
    so my hubby can carry me bridal style the way he has always wished to.
    to weigh less than my hub, isnt that the way its supposed to be?:embarassed:
    to have confidance, not stress about upcoming events-family gatherings etc.
    to be the girl i know i am, the girl thats drowning under all this fat :cry:

what a list lol !! hope it will keep me motivated!! good luck to all of us!!!:bigsmile:
  • peggy
    peggy Posts: 25
    Because I'm 37 but i feel like I'm 20. I'm 37 but i look like I'm 60. I want to fit into those tight fitting jeans and hear my husband say wow you are sexy. I want to be able to play football with my 9 and 10 year old sons and not jiggle all over the place huffing and puffing. I want to set a role model for my 3 year old daughter who (unfortunately) is prone to gain weight cause she has my body type. I want to be the skinny girl the super mom, that sexy, active, fun loving girl I was 15 years ago. I want to live my life the way I want to. Because I want to eat to live and NOT live to eat. There is sssssooooooooooooooo much out there worth living for.
  • Because I want to live long and die young. So getting into a mindset of eating well and, most importantly, exercising, is important for maintaining this goal. And also, I did not weigh this much when I arrived at varsity last year, I was between 59-64 kilos. I have gained 10 kilos and this weight just NEEDS TO GO!
  • I agree with tdroseler, in my head I am so much thinner and better looking in my head than I am in reality, I always get a shock when I see myself in a mirror or in photos. It would be nice if I get my inner and outer view of myself could be closer to each other! I am greedy and I love food and I have no self control and no will power! The pounds just keep slowly creeping on and I am so fed up of pigging out and then thinking, ok I will start tomorrow instead as today was a write off....I have been doing that for a year and a half...this time I am really really determined! I am so glad I've found this site I feel so motivated and encouraged by reading everyones stories. Day one has gone well!
  • I love your post guys!!!!! thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: and keep the good work:drinker: