by bye P90X, hello...

2»

Replies

• blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Thanks for all the information!! I think I have settled on trying a hybrid of ChaLEAN and turbofire - that way I can bump up the cardio from what I was doing with P90X and still have some toning/strength in there too. I wasn't sold on spending the $ to get P90X when I had already been doing it for 2 months and starting to watch tv and playing the workouts on my laptop to keep me from getting bored - you can only listen to tony's joke about engaging muscles versus getting engaged so many times. I'm trying to get them off e-bay so that I can do both for the price of one. and the hybrid means I will have more variety. I think I might go back to P90X when I can borrow them again from the future in-laws (I really doubt they're going to stick with it) and go from the lean schedule I was working on to the classic to try to build more muscle. Pretty excited for the new routine - just trying to stay within calories now that I don't have exercise calories to use as a cushion.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    can you guys describe chaLEAN and supreme 90? those sound interesting
    CLX ( that is the abbreviation) is not as intense as P90X, and a lot shorter but a really great cardio and strength program, I am in love with Turbo Jam and am splurging on Turbo Fire for my b-day. Insanity is not my cup of tea, I just couldn't get past week 2, i was just too tired, but that also has to do with my crazy, work midnights, go to school full-time and have 2 small children at home with e ( they aren't old enough for school). I really like Power 90 too, that was affordable and the new Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 Days is getting some rave reviews.
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    im looking personally to try p90x but you will LOVE LOVE LOVE ChaLEAN extreme/Turbofire. I need to change it up but she will always be my go to for a killer fun and challenging workout!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    I just completed day 30 of Supreme 90 Day. There's no question they are going after the P90X bargain shopper (like me). I enjoy the workouts and get a really good workout. I haven't measured, I want to wait out the 90 days. My calorie burns aren't phenomenal, but they aren't phenomenal no matter what I do. I am getting stronger. I just purchased 15 pound dumbells to be my "heavy" weights. When I first started with 30DS before I got the Supreme- 5 pound weights were my "heavy" weights.

I can't say enough about the 30DS and sticking with it for 30 days in a row. Doing that made me believe that I could stick with a 90 day program. I ordered the Supreme off their website and received it in short order- no long delays.

There are certain things about the program that I find endearing. The guy, Tom, who leads it makes a mistake in the warmup about what is coming up next and they left that in so you get to hear it every single day. I love it and try to match him word for word! Also, one of the young women in the warm up video looks so bored. I think she needs a stern talking to.;->

I'll be posting about it when I complete the 90 days. I think there are a lot of people here using it, but keeping it on the down low for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.