Interesting article! Diet vs. Exercise

2»

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Nice one. Both nutrition and exercise are vital for overall health and healthy weight loss. Gotta agree with you, Melis, re: calorie counting isn't bad. I don't think dismissing counting is appropriate, it's just important to recognize it's all estimates and obsessing over the minutia leads nowhere. But calorie counting is an excellent tool to help you be AWARE of the quality of food and the amount - like the checkbook analogy, no food is off limits (for me, at least), but I'm now aware of what it will cost me and that helps me make better choices.

Balance and moderation in everything!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Bump

P.S. i hope they come up with something that'd tell us about not only calories burned but also conversion of fat into muscles and the number of calories we burn after we're done working out etc :P
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Nice one. Both nutrition and exercise are vital for overall health and healthy weight loss. Gotta agree with you, Melis, re: calorie counting isn't bad. I don't think dismissing counting is appropriate, it's just important to recognize it's all estimates and obsessing over the minutia leads nowhere. But calorie counting is an excellent tool to help you be AWARE of the quality of food and the amount - like the checkbook analogy, no food is off limits (for me, at least), but I'm now aware of what it will cost me and that helps me make better choices.

Balance and moderation in everything!

^ This.

I would also like to add this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iplayoutside19/view/i-worked-out-today-i-can-eat-that-63625
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    thanks for sharing...I am adding a link to this at the bottom of my signature
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 421 Member
    bump
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    thanks for posting!
  • skizzizme
    skizzizme Posts: 14
    Bump!!
    Thanks for posting!
This discussion has been closed.