Office Party Vent

2»

Replies

• You did the right thing, Kudos!!! you have to always remember that is not rude to respect yourself and say no to things that will not benefit you or your goals. YOu have every right to say "NO THANK YOU", when did this become rude. I do not have to except everything someone offers me. I work with someone who always makes home made tomalles, with all kinds of stuffing. everyone goes crazy over them. She is always bringing me one even though I say "NO THANK YOU"! I told her I am allergic to lots of foods and would like to know whats in them before I eat one, she refuses to tell stating it is a family recipe. It seems like it became her mission to feed me a tomalle. she does not get that the fact that I can not eat it unless I know whats in it for two reasons Allergys and Fitness. I have since started giving them away to other co-workers. She found out and was upset. I explained to her again and she still did'nt get it. I thought to myself thats rude for insisting that I have one after I said "NO THANK YOU" so many times. I told her to please stop bringing them to me because I can not eat it. She does not see how this is rude of her.
This discussion has been closed.