Confused - Got a HRM today - big difference why?

2»

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    ok my HRM didnt ask for my weight - just had to put in my age and sex - is that mean i didnt get a good one? I didnt want nothing fancy - just to show my calories burned heart rate so i thought this cheaper one would do the job just fine. I still paid $50 so it must be half decent wouldnt you think?

does it have a chest strap? if not then it isn't as accurate. the ones with a chest strap actually track your heart rate/beeps. On another note when it comes to burning calories weight is a big factor when heavier and more out of shape you burn more calories as you get fitter it takes a lot more work to burn those same calories. regardless just keep working out and just so your body doesn't get used to your routine change it up a bit whether that is your incline or your speed have to keep your body guessing. Good luck
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Wal-mart in Canada has the Sport-line with chest strap. At least the ones in London do.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    isnt that the HRM that you have to touch to get a reading? some HRM read big numbers because they register your BMR numbers as well. The calories you burn while doing nothing. I personally would return it and buy one with a chest strap, they really arent uncomfortable, wear it at your bra line and no difference.
This discussion has been closed.