Confession is good for the soul.....so.....

Options
So I went way overboard on sodium today and I just can't believe I did it!!!! What the??? I know better - it's like someone else was me and just went totally stupid today. Ok, so my grammer isn't so wonderful today either!

There's nothing I can do about the sodium NOW - except to drink lots of water, tonight, tomorrow, then next day, all next week........

And the embarrassing part is - just yesterday I was giving advice to another MFP member about living the low-sodium life - I guess that's what I get for thinking I know what I'm doing. Heads up - if I start giving advice - just tell me to shut up!

Ok, I'm all set for y'all to give me that kick in the keister so I'll never have this kind of stupidity attack again!! Get ready - 1,2,3 KICK!

Thanks for letting me vent - it's a better alternative than breaking something!

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *LOL* i SO hear ya!!

so... feel better now? *S*
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    We all have those days... just flush your system out good with plenty of water, and move on to tomorrow....
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Im not really fussed on sodium... Im usually over!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    What happened to have you go over? I mean, no time so you made processed food? Went out to eat?
    You obviously know what you're doing, and it's totally normal to go over once in a while...I did today, too!! And even though I made good food, at home, all day...just one little chicken sausage killed it!! lol

Damn you, delicious chicken andouille sausage!!!
    I'm glad you vented...it's good for the soul!!

:flowerforyou: Leslie
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    No real reason to kick you when you're down for two reasons:
    1. You've already done a good job yourself
    2. Today is over. Tomorrow is a new day.

Kill it tomorrow with the water and do a better from here on out.

As an FYI, we all *KNOW* the right things to do, give advice, then blow it. It's human nature. Don't stop giving good advice.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. What's the problem with sodium? Sodium as in salt, salt as in the stuff that raises blood pressure?
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    I just didn't read the labels on every ingredient I was using to make a Chicken Biscuit Casserole. I used Pillsbury Grands biscuits - big mistake - each one was 580mg - yikes - I didn't realize they had that much sodium in them - other tube biscuits aren't that high - geesh.
    Plus the sauce & the cheese - it all added up - in a bad way!

I guess I just have to pick myself up and get back to business - can't cry over "spilt milk" as my Mom used to say!
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Haha, the topic title of your posting had so much sense of guilt in it, it sounded l like that of an AA alcoholic who sobered up after a week long binge!

Perhaps you can go a little easier on yourself and your loved ones.

What counts is that you learned something.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    I don't get it. What's the problem with sodium? Sodium as in salt, salt as in the stuff that raises blood pressure?

Sadly yes, the stuff that raises blood pressure! I am trying to keep my BP under control by limiting the sodium in my diet.
    I'm also here to lose weight which will help reduce my blood pressure.

Too much sodium makes me retain fluid, which is hard on the kidneys, the heart and lungs, etc..... Not to mention causes swollen ankles and puffy hands & face. Too much sodium can also hinder weight loss, which is part & parcel of why I'm here in the first place.

Venting has helped :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Blew half my days calories on drinks and nuts this am, then didn't eat all day till dinner. Going to bed with a full stomach.

Need to learn how to incorporate my healthy eating into my social life. Do really well during the week while at work, but now that I am feeling and looking better, I am going out more, and it is ruining my diet :-(
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    Haha, the topic title of your posting had so much sense of guilt in it, it sounded l like that of an AA alcoholic who sobered up after a week long binge!

Perhaps you can go a little easier on yourself and your loved ones.

What counts is that you learned something.

Yes, I was feeling guilty - and stupid, because I DO know better - but I realize that won't help, so the pity party is over LOL
    Thanks for the encouraging words - they did help!!

And BTW, how did you know I was stomping around here making the family run in terror ?? LOL
    (Actually they did all go off to bed without being told) (insert sheepish look) :blushing:
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    Blew half my days calories on drinks and nuts this am, then didn't eat all day till dinner. Going to bed with a full stomach.

Need to learn how to incorporate my healthy eating into my social life. Do really well during the week while at work, but now that I am feeling and looking better, I am going out more, and it is ruining my diet :-(

I totally understand - several years ago I lost a huge amount of weight - and once I got to where I wanted to be - I started easing up on myself - thought I had my eating habits under control - NOT!! It didn't take all that long and most of those pounds came back. Thankfully I've lost 33 of them AGAIN, but I have a long way to go. I hope & pray I've learned some new habits to make those pounds stay off!!

Wishing you good luck on your journey to better health!