I was so brave

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I finally did it! Yesterday I had all four wisdom teeth (my son calls them wismus teeth) pulled, and you were all right, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I will never doubt mfp's again lol! I was given three sedatives, that didn't work, apparently cause my nerves were so shot that I fought it all the way, and it still wasn't bad. The worse thing was that the inside of my mouth was so swelled that I was panicking because I couldn't talk or swallow. I have no swelling today really, except my mouth and jaw a little bit on the one side. No pain, but then again I am religiously taking the pain pills they prescribed. So far I've had a jello, a popsicle and an applesauce, I am so hungry, but can't open my mouth wide enough to even brush my teeth! So all in all, not a totally scary experience like I thought it would be!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! Yesterday I had all four wisdom teeth (my son calls them wismus teeth) pulled, and you were all right, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I will never doubt mfp's again lol! I was given three sedatives, that didn't work, apparently cause my nerves were so shot that I fought it all the way, and it still wasn't bad. The worse thing was that the inside of my mouth was so swelled that I was panicking because I couldn't talk or swallow. I have no swelling today really, except my mouth and jaw a little bit on the one side. No pain, but then again I am religiously taking the pain pills they prescribed. So far I've had a jello, a popsicle and an applesauce, I am so hungry, but can't open my mouth wide enough to even brush my teeth! So all in all, not a totally scary experience like I thought it would be!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!! Take care of yourself! (and enjoy those painkillers!)
    :flowerforyou:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself! My son just had his out and it wasn't nearly as bad as expected. Just do what the docs tell you as far as care and cleaning and you will be fine (and probably drop a few pounds too, tee hee! :laugh: ).