Weight and Sex Appeal...

13»

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    This is strange for me - when I was much more overweight, I had a long string of beautiful thin girlfriends, since I've been fit (about 2 years now) it's been the longest, slowest streak of my life...

I don't really get this - I'm happier than ever, more confident too.

Weird, also, I'm a musician and play in bars or private events 2-3 times a week. Years ago, I used to pretty regularly have girls approach me after the gig to say hello, and in the past 2 years, almost nothing....

I'm perplexed - thus the inordinate amount of ellipsis...

Now they're intimidated by you. I know I wouldn't approach someone who has your body, to be completely honest, for fear of rejection that often comes with fat girls approaching fit guys. Just my opinion/experience.

I would agree!!!!
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    This is strange for me - when I was much more overweight, I had a long string of beautiful thin girlfriends, since I've been fit (about 2 years now) it's been the longest, slowest streak of my life...

I don't really get this - I'm happier than ever, more confident too.

Weird, also, I'm a musician and play in bars or private events 2-3 times a week. Years ago, I used to pretty regularly have girls approach me after the gig to say hello, and in the past 2 years, almost nothing....

I'm perplexed - thus the inordinate amount of ellipsis...

Well my friend, we could be looking at multiple aspects of what is going on...First of all the comments that follow have no scientific evidence nor are they theory based, they are based off of anecdotal evidence (told you it was not scientific)........

Ok now we have the "hot factor"...the hot factor is when you do have an amazing body (such as yourself) and women may be intimidated to come up to you or they may think that you would not be interested in them (hot woman have self-esteem issues too), they may think you will want better so they don't even try, they feel the confidence and think they cannot live up to your expectations and the less hot ones either won't try or you may not even notice and count them as hitting on you....I am not suggesting any of this is true, I am just giving you a non-scientific theory.

Ya, I am not sharing my other theory on a board, I don't want it to be misinterpreted
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    I 100% agree with the people on here who say we should work on ourselves and being the kind of person we want to be, the kind of person we can be proud of. There's so much wise advice here!

So, I'll offer something a bit more trivial. Date a Latino guy. No, seriously - I realize this is a stereotype, but since moving to LA I've more than once run into the different cultural beauty standards here. On one hand, I'm surrounded by girls starving themselves, plucking, waxing, tanning and bleaching themselves into skinny plastic clones. On the other hand I see many Latino men and women whose motto seems to be Real Women Have Curves! It's rather liberating. My last boyfriend was Latino and, although he was a jerk in other ways, his obvious attraction to my figure was very encouraging.

Really, my point is that what one person passes over another will treasure forever. By all means work to live a healthy life and lose weight if you need to lose it. But at any weight, find someone who will realize that you ARE beautiful and reflect that back to you.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    I think confidence and personality are far more important than body size. I think how you treat people speaks more about your attractiveness than what size jeans you wear. I still get hit on. I'm flirted with occasionally. I already have the man of my dreams so flirting doesn't get anyone anywhere lol but it's still fun. I can tell the difference between genuine flirting -- and the whole "she's fat -- so she'll just be happy that someone's paying her attention".

And like other posters said -- there's guys and gals out there who find overweight people more attractive than thin people (Thank Goodness!!!) But you have to be happy with you so you can be the best person you can be. If that's a size 2 or 22 -- so be it. ROCK who you are!!!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    I 100% agree with the people on here who say we should work on ourselves and being the kind of person we want to be, the kind of person we can be proud of. There's so much wise advice here!

So, I'll offer something a bit more trivial. Date a Latino guy. No, seriously - I realize this is a stereotype, but since moving to LA I've more than once run into the different cultural beauty standards here. On one hand, I'm surrounded by girls starving themselves, plucking, waxing, tanning and bleaching themselves into skinny plastic clones. On the other hand I see many Latino men and women whose motto seems to be Real Women Have Curves! It's rather liberating. My last boyfriend was Latino and, although he was a jerk in other ways, his obvious attraction to my figure was very encouraging.

Really, my point is that what one person passes over another will treasure forever. By all means work to live a healthy life and lose weight if you need to lose it. But at any weight, find someone who will realize that you ARE beautiful and reflect that back to you.

That's too funny -- It is quite the stereotype -- but it's also the reality. I've been hit on by more Latinos and African American's ...hands down. In my experience -- and likely because I live in a predominately White area -- is that White men and women are more likely to pass judgement and be disrespectful towards me -- strictly because of my weight than I have ever experienced with anyone (male or female) of color.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    There is a point where a guy or lady becomes morbidly obese and is not attractive,that is a fact.

Even still I get really uptight over attractive ladies with nice figures that have such a detailed "it is this or I am fat and ugly" picture that they are unhappy and hate themselves.
    I don`t have a fix to that but honestly ladies it isn`t the case,us guys find you sexier and sexier the more you are your own person and liking yourself as we do.

I agree.
    I hate to say it but i agree.
    especially in our society and how the world views beauty... its not like back in the medieval times when a man was attracted to a plumper woman bc it meant she was well nourished there for had money etc. its a very different world and unfortunately one of two things always seems to happen. either all the women egg you on to stay the same and say pshhh if he don't love you for who you are in spite... oh shut up you know... depending on how big the person is theres a limit ... afterall he's only human. or the girls get such a bad body image they starve themselves into oblivion neither are good.

just aim for healthy.
    find a happy medium. where you're happy with yourself... everyones different. mostly everyone wants to be loved for who they are i would say healthy is better than stick thin or fat. i'm workin on it myself...
This discussion has been closed.