Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Water consumption

KatheKathe Posts: 10Member Posts: 10Member
I have always been taught that we should take our body weight and divide it in half to get the number of ounces we should drink daily. So a person who weighs 200 should be drinking 100 ounces daily. I wondered if you could somehow change the water amout to ounces instead of glasses since every one is different and what is a glass to one person is different to another. It would be great to monitor exactly how much water we are drinking every day. Thanks, Kathe

Replies

• KatheKathe Posts: 10Member Posts: 10Member
    I have always been taught that we should take our body weight and divide it in half to get the number of ounces we should drink daily. So a person who weighs 200 should be drinking 100 ounces daily. I wondered if you could somehow change the water amout to ounces instead of glasses since every one is different and what is a glass to one person is different to another. It would be great to monitor exactly how much water we are drinking every day. Thanks, Kathe
  • deaneadeanea Posts: 1,437Member Posts: 1,437Member
    Canadas food guide suggests that a glass of water is 250 ml's what is that in ounces? If you can convert it you have a better idea.
  • mshunkmshunk Posts: 21Member Member Posts: 21Member Member
    8 glasses of water = 64 ounces/day
    to drink 100 ounces you should drink 12.5 glasses
  • IleanakIleanak Posts: 343Member Posts: 343Member
    My advise (and what I do) is to go purchase 2 or more 32 oz drinking bottles from Walmart or your favorite athletic store. the oz are marked off and you can take these things eveythere. I bring two daily to work, drink one before lunch and I finish the other in the afternoon and on my drive home. I also kee a small 16 oz one filled to grab and go when I am heading to the gym. I also take the 32 oz one to social events and I leave one with ice and water when I go on my bike ride, so that I can rehydrate on my drive home. The 2-32oz plus the 16oz a day is a nice 80 oz guaranteed per day!
  • NevadaNevada Posts: 140Member Member Posts: 140Member Member
    I like the vagueness of the water glass. A cup for me is a 14oz tumbler. The water glass is flexible. Water is not a nutrient that we have to measure to the ounce, just get plenty of it.
  • BUNNYBBUNNYB Posts: 91Member Posts: 91Member
    For me, I know I dont drink much water... at all....
    And I cannot seem to drink it form a glass, I have to drink from a water bottle!
    Therefore I carry one around with me, cause I KNOW its the only way for me!